fifteen

"what the hell was that?!" sugawara exclaimed angrily at iwaizumi, unknown to the whole situation as iwaizumi left the desk shortly afterwards.

iwaizumi was barely paying attention to him, keeping his eyes on the door in which oikawa used to exit the room. "i have no idea- but im about to find out" he said, and without another word he shoved his way to the door, hoping to get some answers from oikawa.

sugawara was calling for him from behind but iwaizumi ignored him.

he opened the door and made his way out, and heard the door closing with a slam behind him.

-

oikawa was walking through the hallway, he knew his mom must have waited for him on the car outside. his weekly visit to the therapist, and then going home after two hours, everything was going normal and as usual for oikawa that day. until he heard a voice he had never expected to hear on his therapist's office.

"oikawa!" he stopped in state of shock when he heard iwaizumi's voice behind him. his body tensing, his heart started beating rapidly and his eyes widen. he turned around to see iwaizumi standing behind him with a disbelief look, and there were sadness in his eyes too.

"iwa-chan?" oikawa's voice break. he was both shocked and frightened. his façade, it was slowly being revealed. he knew iwaizumi couldn't be that stupid to figure out that oikawa must have some mental health issues if he's visiting the therapist.

iwaizumi, the coolest boy he had ever met, would never want to be friends with a boy like him. oikawa was (mentally) sick, depressed, a liar, suicidal, and he was gay. he went to the therapist weekly to help him with his struggles meanwhile iwaizumi went to public school, have many friends and have a girlfriend.

"wh-what are you doing here?" oikawa said, and at that moment, he was ready for iwaizumi to ask him about why he went to a therapist, he was ready to tell iwaizumi about him being depressed and a suicidal, he was ready to tell him about him being gay and everything he said about iwaizumi was true- like wanting to date him and everything, he was ready for telling iwaizumi he actually knew the reason why his mom made him home schooled, he was ready for iwaizumi to call him a liar.

he was ready for what's about to happen- that was until iwaizumi suddenly ran towards him and wrapped his arms around his shoulders, burying his head on his neck.

"you should've told me.." oikawa heard him whispered, and in that moment, oikawa knew even after he told him everything, iwaizumi won't leave him behind.

-

iwaizumi followed oikawa to a park, near the therapist's office. oikawa had told his mom to leave without him, saying he'll come home by himself later. his mom, of course, was uncertain about leaving oikawa alone, but after she saw iwaizumi behind him, she became less worried and trusted his words.

iwaizumi himself had never went to this park before, but oikawa said he came here sometimes, when his sessions are over and because it sold a really tasty ice cream that oikawa loved. much to oikawa's happiness, the ice cream truck was just right around the corner, and was still opened for business. oikawa bought himself a strawberry ice cream cone, and he bought iwaizumi a vanilla flavored one.

the two sat down on an empty swing set, iwaizumi on the left and oikawa on the right. they were watching the children ran around the green field, some were playing kites and some were shouting in the distance as they finished their ice cream.

"i had a friend once" oikawa started, and iwaizumi averted his full attention to oikawa.

"her name was megumi- i call her megu-chan, of course" oikawa smiled as he recall the memory, "she was nice, the nicest girl i have ever met, besides oka-chan of course! she was very caring of me, and i never once saw her without a smile on her face. she was always so thoughtful as well, helping me on all those times i was bullied"