Girl Meets My Brother

The two sisters walked into the Matthews apartment, and Maya was still dragging Anna, just as she was when they left Topanga's.

"Was that necessary?!" Maya yelled.

"I don't know much about him! You just went on and on about that one night and how you're confused and-" Anna was cut off by the door opening with a loud "MY BROTHER!"

Maya turned around and started walking upstairs.

"Hold it." Anna yelled. Maya reentered the living room with the most awkward walk anyone has ever seen.

"What's up, Josh? This isn't awkward at all. No one in this room knows way more than they should, not at all!" Maya sang.

"Uncle..... Boing?" Anna questioned.

"That would be me." Josh confirmed.

Anna looked to Maya, "Really?"

"Alright I'm a little bit offended." Josh scratched his head, "Is this one of you and Riley's friends?"

"Uh, kinda. Josh, this is my-"

Anna cut her off. "Sister. It's complicated."

"Yeah, um, Anna, Josh, Bay Window." Maya commanded.

"Maya?" Anna questioned.

"Tell him."

"Maya, are you sure? If you're not 100% sure I won't because I mean this is super important to you and if you're not-"

"Go ahead. Do it. Please."

"Okay." Anna said, and gestures for Josh to follow her to the Bay Window.

Anna exhaled, as her and Josh sat down. "Okay, well, first of all, when Maya was about a year old her- our father had an affair, and out came me. He didn't know until recently, and neither did her mother until very recently."

Anna's explanation was followed by an awkward silence.

"Okay. But, I know Maya and I know that's not all you're supposed to tell me."

Anna exhaled again, "Yeah, uh, Mr. Boing..."

"Never call me that again."

"Yes, but the thing is um, Maya doesn't really think you're all that.... boingy either."

"That's not possible. Maya's Maya."

"Yeah, um-"

"I mean, I guess it may be a good thing that she doesn't like anyone either. She's 15. I'm 18. It's never going to happen. Did she find someone else? Is it Lucas? I bet it's Farkle."

"Ok, it's not Farkle. But, um, Josh, I don't think she ever thought you were all that.. boingy."

"Ok, but like I said, Maya's Maya. That's not possible."

"Josh, do you like Maya?"

"What? No way, she's fifteen."

"Okay... Well, um.... Can we just make a promise that everything said in the Bay Window stays in the Bay Window unless explicitly told otherwise?"

"I don't know... It depends on-"

"Just.... Please?" Anna held out her pinky and Josh grabbed it.

"Ok. Pinky promise." Josh confirmed.

"Riley's in love with Maya?" Anna blurted.

"What?  Didn't we know this already?"

"No? Maya doesn't just like Riley as a pal, she likes her as a girlfriend."

"Maya and Riley are dating?"

"No."

"Oh, well, I can tell you that my niece likes boys. And so does Maya. She liked me and Lucas."

"You and Lucas were the closest that Maya could get to Riley, besides Riley's father."

"Maybe she just likes Riley because it's the closest she could get to me."

"What?"

"Nevermind. Why are you telling me this?"

"Maya wanted you to know, since there was kinda a little something going on between you two."

"No there wasn't, I don't like her, she's 15."

"Good, since she doesn't like you. Are you sure you don't like her?"

"No."