Nightcrawler (Kurt)

Warnings: self-consciousness
Prompt: reader is self-conscious of their physical mutation but Kurt helps them through it.
---

You watched the students outside, laughing and running around. It was a nice day, perfect for taking a hike or swimming, which was what everyone was doing but you.

You leaned against the library window, sighing heavily. If you didn't have your mutation, you would be outside with the rest of them, having a grand old time. You involuntarily looked at your furry tail, scoffing in disgust. You didn't even have any powers, just a heavy tail and furry ears.

Your ears didn't even help with your hearing abilities. Yeah it was a little better than normal humans, but it still wasn't enough to help on a mission.

You yelped as someone stepped on your tail, dragging you out of your thoughts. You turned around, watching in horror as Kurt fell to the floor, spilling his drink all over himself.

You gasped, leaning down to his side and helping him up. "I'm so sorry! I should've been paying attention, oh my God Kurt I'm so sorry!" You slowly moved your tail away, hoping he wouldn't see it and be disgusted by you, like most people were.

He chuckled, leaning against a book shelf and patting his wet shirt. "It's okay. You didn't mean it."

You blushed, looking anywhere but his eyes. "Is there anything I can do?"

He shook his head, smiling softly. "It's fine, (Name) it's seriously okay. But, why aren't you outside with everyone else?"

"It's just too hot outside...but why aren't you?"

Kurt shrugged, "I've got a lot of studying to do." You nodded, looking away awkwardly.

Kurt frowned. "Seriously, (Name), aren't you having fun with your friends?"

"I told you, Kurt, its too hot. And I don't like being outside anyway."

You must have sounded suspicious, because Kurt kept asking questions. "Well, yeah, I would be hot in that coat too. Why won't you take your jacket off? It would be much cooler then."

You froze, forgetting about the jacket you had on. You usually kept one on your person so you could tie it around tour waist and make your tail less noticeable, but today you had just put it on. Kurt was watching you now, frowning as you shifted nervously.

"Are you ashamed of your mutation?"

Your mouth fell open, staring at the boy next to you. How could he have known? Everyone in your classes loved their powers because they knew how to use them so you acted like you did too, even though you felt the opposite.

"N-No, Kurt. Why would I?" You stood, turning away from him.

Kurt huffed, standing up as well and turning you to face him. "(Name), why didn't you tell anyone? We all would've understood. I know how it feels, to think you're useless and ugly, but you aren't! Your tail is extremely cute, and the ways your ears move when you're excited is adorable!"

You blushed when Kurt finished. You didn't think anyone noticed your mutation like that. "Thanks, Kurt." You whispered, smiling as his tail flicked around you and tangled with yours.

He smiled. "Don't let small things get you down. If anyone ever says anything about you, just remember that I will always be here for you."

---

Hey everyone! Sorry if this is OOC but I haven't seen Apocalypse yet...and I don't know a lot about Kurt. Anyway, leave a request!