pain in my ass

It's three days before the Showcase and I'm freaking out! I'm starting to become a nervous wreck here! I can't concentrate in class and I can barely practice at home cause I'm too busy "babysitting" DJ to make sure he doesn't go off with that gang. I couldn't think anymore, so to calm my nerves, I took a shower. They help me to relax when I'm tense. In and out the shower in 20 minutes, sweatpants on. I walked back into the living room and ... he was gone. He was sneaking and geeking off with that baric gang. This boy is really starting to urk my nerves. He was testing me to the max. I could feel my temples swell. I had to go find him; Moms would be home soon and as his sister, it's my job to protect him. So as soon as I dropped Johnny and Reni off next door, I took off. Rode past the usual spots that I would find him: the liquor store, the park, and the grocery store parking lot. No sign of him anywhere. Called him numerous times, no answer. After what seemed like hours, I had finally found him, torturing a kid with two other members of the gang in an alley. The boy was about twelve. He wore glasses, tall and lanky, and seemed quiet around others. I got out of the car and all eyes were on me long enough for the boy to run off. I had let that little boy escape.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" he said.

"You're coming with me. NOW! Moms would be home any min-"

"I not coming with you man!" He had cut me off, knowing that I can't absolutely stand when he does that.

I snapped. "Get your ass in the car or I'll make you. Try me if you want to Damon- Javier."

He caved in and hopped in the car. His little "buddies" gave me awful angry stares as I walked to the car but I ain't care. I wasn't stuntuin' them.

"I can't believe you did that in front of my friends Yas"

"Friends?!" I said, "Them little boys aint your friends. They the one whose gonna get you killed out here. Them the ones whose gonna make you end up like Pops. I am not gonna lose another loved one to the streets."

"I'm not gonna end up like Pops man. Remember, Pops died from drugs and as you can see, I'm CLEARLY not on drugs." he said. "Ion wanna be like Pops either. Not everyone can be a great and amazing as you are Yas."

I froze. I never knew he felt like that.

"What you talmbout?" I said.

"Everywhere I go, people always try to compare me with you: the "All-American girl with the beautiful singing voice". I heard a slight pause within his words. "I get tired of hearing 'Why can't you be more like your sister?' on a daily basis. It starts to get fucking annoying to where if I hear it one more time, I'mma spaz out."

"I never knew you felt like that" I said with my head down, ashamed of myself as we pulled up in front of the ancient brownstone. "I'm sorry you feel like this, but lemme ask you a question? Do you enjoy some of the stuff them boys do to other people? To your community? To you?"

He stopped struggling up his face and replied, "No. Honestly, I don't."

He had finally realized what Moms and I been trying to tell him. I knew that it would eventually click into that big ass head of his.

"I'm sorry for what I've been putting you and Moms through. I never meant to hurt nobody."

"You cool. Now do me a favor and go get your brother and sister from next door and get them ready for bed, ight?"

"Ight" he said, opening the door in the brownstone.

I had finally saved my brother off the streets. Some of the pressure that's been on my back for the past few days lifted. Now the only thing I really had to worry 'bout was acing this solo.