FEU: Introversion

Introversion

I'm diagnosed as introvert by a psychologist, with the used of psychological assessments and psychological face-to-face talk.

I'm a shy person. Very shy. I prefer to be alone than to engage with other people. I'm the type of person who always wear headphones in the corner of the room or in public places, alone. I'm the type of groupmate who's always the last one when there's sharing of ideas in group activities and sometimes i'm not helping at all because I'm afraid that they might reject my ideas so I'll just keep it on my own.

I don't usually raise my hand in class discussions even I know the answer. I'm afraid to commit mistakes and embarrass myself in front of other people. I'm not a volunteer type of person. I'm quiet especially when I'm with a large group of people.

Though, I have friends. Few friends. They were the ones who approached me first before, because I don't usually talk to strangers. I'm afraid to start a conversation with the people that I'm not close with, they might reject me, they might snob me. I'm afraid. I don't also ask for a favor or help from other people because rejection is my greatest fear.

I'm the person who's always at home when everyone is having a good time. My friends know that I'm not into parties especially the what they call "night-life". I want to be alone. I'm really comfortable with it and being alone is more fun than socializing with other people. However, I'm loud and crazy when I'm with my friends and family.

Some people call me nerd. Anti-social. Having social phobia. Mysterious and creep. But i'm just introvert and i don't care whatever they say.

PS: Stop diagnosing yourself by just looking at the symptoms on the internet. If you want to seek for a psychological help you can actually go to NCMH.

PPS: Mental disorders are not adjectives.

Introvert
2011
IAS
FEU Manila

©FEU Secret Files
(Facebook Page)