Chapter 2: A Few Drinks... Or A Lot

Harper needed to get out of that fucking funeral home. She couldn’t stand sitting in a room full of emotional people when she had such a high dose of medication,  she couldn’t feel any emotion.

She immediately took Alan’s offer to get a drink because she hadn’t been asked out for a really long time and Alan was... Alan. She figured if she got a few drinks in her, she would warm up to him a bit more.

“So, what do you do?” Alan asked when they got their drinks.

“Aspiring musician that waits tables on the side,” Harper said, and by “aspiring musician” she meant that she was a frequent shower singer and closet guitar player.

“You any good?”

She shrugged. “I guess you’re going to have to find out for yourself,” she said wiggling her eyebrows a bit, causing them both to laugh.

“Can I get your phone number before we get really drunk and forget?” Alan asked, pulling his phone out of the pocket and opening a new contact file.

“Planning on getting me drunk, are you?” Harper asked, taking his phone and typing in her phone number. She sent herself a text from his phone so she could have his number saved as well.

“You never know,” Alan said with a wink, taking a sip of his beer.

“Have you heard that song Cola by Lana Del Rey?” Harper slurred, snorting at the memory of the first time she heard that song. She was in the shower and it randomly came on shuffle on her online radio station.

“Nope,” Alan said, taking a sip of his eighth beer.

“It goes like this: my pussy tastes like Pepsi cola, my eyes are wide like cherry pies... doo dun – I don’t know the words,” Harper sang. She was so drunk she couldn’t tell if it was off key or if she sounded like an expert Lana Del Rey impersonator.

Alan laughed. “Does your pussy actually taste like Pepsi cola?” He asked.

“Want to find out?” Harper whispered, seductively.

“Sure,” Alan whispered back.

“Ok, just let me go masturbate because there’s no way you’re getting any of this jelly,” Harper laughed, motioning up and down her dress.

“As long as I can watch,” Alan teased.

“Harper, what are you doing?” Nicole yelled from the other side of the bar.

“Hey, there’s my stripper!” Harper yelled, snorting again.

“You know I just sat through a two hour long funeral service for someone I only met once, right?” Nicole yelled, finally approaching Harper with a tired-looking Ian behind her.

“Was it fun? I got drunk. I haven’t gotten drunk since... yesterday,” Harper slurred, reminiscing back to yesterday when she finished an entire bottle of Jack by herself so she wouldn’t self harm.

“I’m taking you home. Ian will take care of Alan for you,” Nicole said sternly, her motherly instincts kicking in.

“Ok mom,” Harper whined, trying not to fall as she followed Nicole out of the bar.

Once Harper was home, she felt herself sober up a bit as she downed an entire bottle of water and ate some leftover pasta. She was watching Ink Master when she felt her phone vibrate in her bra.

“That’s where I put it!” Harper said aloud, taking it out of her bra and looking at the text. It was from Alan.

Alan: Are you sober yet?

Harper: kind of. Why?

Alan: Meet me at the bar c;

Harper: ok!

Without a second thought, Harper put her phone back in her bra and stuffed her feet in her heels, making her way to the bar down the street where she was with Alan about an hour earlier.

When she walked into the bar, she immediately saw Alan sitting in a stool, with an empty stool beside him. She snuck him behind him and yelled, “boo!” Causing Alan to jump and almost fall out of the bar stool.

“Holy fucking shit!” He yelled, laughing when he realized it was Harper.

“I’ve come to realize that I am not sober,” Harper pointed out, chugging Alan’s beer that was sitting on the table.

“I can get you one of your own, if you want,” Alan said with a laugh.

“That would be dandy.”

Alan laughed again and waved down the bartender to get another drink for Harper. In a few minutes, Harper would be drunk out of her mind again and she didn’t even care. She was pro at drinking to get drunk.

“Tonight we have a special guest for Randy Williamson’s twenty-fifth birthday!” Harper heard someone yell from some speakers somewhere.

Harper looked over to where the noise was coming from and saw a guy tied to a chair on the karaoke stage. The lights dimmed and a girl came out dressed in barely anything. Even though Harper was drunk, she could tell immediately from the blonde hair and dark roots that it was Nicole.

“Alan, that’s Nicole,” Harper whispered, turning her head to look at Alan.

He was looking straight at Harper when she turned around, it was kind of creepy. “So?” He asked, taking a chug of his drink.

“She’s gonna kill me!” Harper said, sounding exasperated. She turned around and saw Nicole starring her down before turning back to the guy on the stage. “She saw me! Alan, what do we do?” Harper asked, getting scared. Nicole was really scary when she was mad.

“Um, hide in the bathroom?” Alan suggested, dumbly.

Harper finished her drink and looked to the stage where the lights were starting to turn on and the crowd was thinning. “Shit, gotta hide!” Quickly, Harper got off of her bar stool and hid behind Alan.

She peaked between Alan’s sleeve and saw Nicole coming towards them.

“Hm, I wonder where Harper could be,” Nicole said, sarcastically.

“I don’t think she sees you,” Alan whispered.

“Oh, I see her. Harper, come here,” Nicole said, sternly.

Harper pouted and moved from behind Alan.

“Get in my car. I’ll drive you home in a few minutes.”

__

ooh, sassy little Nicole wowzers xD

anyways, i hope you enjoyed please comment and vote so I don't delete the story because I don't want to because serenasauce worked really hard on the cover :c