Chapter 2

As soon as Lexi spoke his name, she was sure it was Stefan, even before he turned to face her. It was all about how his body once relaxed, now tensed up as if she had staked him. "Lexi, I see you're alive." His voice unnaturally soft whisked through the room like thunder, loud to her advanced hearing. "Yes, you don't seem so surprised to see me," she continued on saying, "I hear you've been a little naughty. What gives, Stefan? Why would you destroy something you worked so hard to achieve, what we achieved?"

Stefan merely shrugged, "People change Lexi, and I'm sure you've heard of my unfortunate circumstance." He told her quietly. "Lee told me he was going to try and bring you back, I just didn't think he'd be able to." So that's why he thought she knew something, because he thought Lee was with her. "Lee... Lee is gone, Stefan. He traded his life for mine." She whispered, the words catching in her throat. If he showed any remorse, she wouldn't be able to tell with his back turned. She knew it wasn't safe to speak in such a public place, where anyone or anything could hear them. But for some odd reason, everything seemed unnaturally normal as if the men and women partying in the bar, couldn't see or hear the two vampires. "I see you've noticed the little charm I did. I'm getting better at compulsion. It feels great to be charge again. You should try it sometime." He told her turning to grab his whiskey, tainted with human blood.

"You know me, Stefan, I don't give into temptation so easily unlike you." Lexi responded back with more force than she meant to. The last human she had drank from was Lee, the night she had turned him, and even now, she could feel the blood rushing through her system, creating such ecstasy that she didn't know then if she would have been able to stop, but she did. Not that it mattered now with Lee dead. That lost thought made sadness well up inside wanting to break through.

She finally came back to the present, finding Stefan much closer than he was before. The darkness was in his eyes, the one that had been there when they had first met and she had found he was a ripper. She couldn't lose him again. Not just after she had lost Lee. No, she wouldn't let the darkness conquer her dear friend. "You can't let it win, Stefan. The bloodlust isn't as beautiful to feel as love. What happened to you being with Elena?" Lexi asked taking a step towards him. The pain returning to his eyes meant she had reached a hurtful memory, but she didn't think it was going to be enough to bring him back. Not now. She'd have to do a lot of dirty work.

-------

Thanks so much for reading my story, don't forget to vote! - Thanks, AW.