Chapter 3

"What's it to you?" the hurt in his eyes disappeared as quickly as it came. "Love...Love is a fairytale." he spit out, slamming the pool stick into a chair, snapping the wood in two. Lexi could see the anger and the hurt but she didn't understand why Stefan would choose this life over loving Elena. It didn't make sense. But if he was really Klaus's lackey that would explain a lot. "Well, well, well, look what the cat drug in." Klaus had appeared out of the shadows, a smirk on his face. "Aren't you supposed to be dead?" he asked, leaning on the table closest to her. "Stefan, didn't you tell me that your brother, Damon, killed your friend Lexi? I'm pretty sure that came up in conversation, mate." Klaus hid his surprise quite well.

Now the original was trying to figure out how the dead could be brought back to life. A human could be brought back many ways either by vampire's blood or a witch... His eyes narrowed when he came to that thought. Could witches bring a vampire back? Why hadn't he thought of that? Especially since his own mother was a witch before her demise. "So, my dear Lexi, what brings you here? Surely you aren't thinking of trying to reform Stefan again?" he told her, moving quickly to stand in front of her. Before he completed his speech, he leaned forward for emphasis. "Because if you are, we'll have a problem, Stefan made a deal. He's mine." he whispered, through gritted teeth. The threat even though he never mentioned one was quite evident, and a shiver went down Lexi's spine.

Even though she was old, a good 350 years at least, she was not nearly as strong as Klaus. He was an original after all. She could never win an outright fight with him. There was something else there that she couldn't quite place. Were the rumors true, had he found a way to unleash the horror of his other half? She shook her head with a brisk nod, "I understand. I was merely coming to see if the rumors were true. Being back from the dead, as you can see, as kind of made me lost on all the latest news. I just needed to know if what Elena told me was true. And I see that it is... unfortunately." she ended her sentence with a heavy sigh. "I think I've overstayed my welcome, I better be going. Stefan... I'm here if you ever need me. Klaus, it was definitely an experience to meet you." With that, she sped off, not stopping to she was back in Mystic Falls. She needed to gather the people who cared for Stefan as much as she did, and come up with a game plan. They had to get him away from Klaus somehow.

-------

Thank goodness Lexi was smart enough to walk away, no one needs to tangle with Klaus alone. If you like the story so far, be sure to give it a vote. -Thanks, AW.