Chapter 2: those of mysterious intentions.

After chase ran out of the scientific facility building, one other person ran out as well. Chase having regained his composure and turned back into his normal appearance and state, looked over and there, standing before him was his half-brother, Kyo.

Chase then took off running, yelling back to kyo, "there isn't a lot of time. So MOVE IT!" Chase barked at the last part. So they moved to a safe place, underneath a freeway, or at least as safe as they could get considering the current circumstances. When Kyo caught up to Chase he was breathless. Another man walked up to them, and said "'Ello, Alix Dempsey's me name. I come same facility you two just came from. I've been outside a little longer, so, I'd like to offer you my help. If you'd take it?" Chase retorted with "Wait, how do you know where we from, 1. And, 2, we'll take your help if you'll answer the question, and tell us a little more about you." Alix then said "Well, since you put it like that, the facility's just down the street there, you can see it from here. A little about me then, alright. Me name's dr. Alix Dempsey PHD, I was the doctor keeping you alive, and well overseeing the experiments on both of you."

Chase said "Oh! So then you know what happened to us?"

Alix then said "yes I do know what happened to you. The purpose of the experimentation was to try to cure vampirism. We started with me, I guess you could say I am now a neo-vampire. Someone that is a vampire but when the adrenaline in their blood reaches a certain level, we transform into mutants. The chemical blend that we thought would cure vampirism only made it worse. That is what happened to the two, of you."  Kyo spoke up and said with a  lucid and creepy tone  "A man with a Vision, I see."  Alix then said "No, I was ordered by the higher-ups, to do what I did."  Kyo then said "Ah. And were the humans that you served of good or evil alignment?" Alix responded with "they were trying to cure vampirism for the purpose of the vampirism to not spread." Chase then retorted with "But vampirism has been around since the dawn of time. Had they not discovered it, they wouldn't have tried to cure it. Like it is some kind of disease." The last part sounded bitter and cold, as though chase had something against the humans.