Chapter 5: An Old Friend

"He always did have a chip on his shoulder." Chase said, still grimacing. "You're burnt pretty badly. Here let me---." Alix said concerned.

Chase pushed Alix aside and said harshly "No, Alix! I have old business to attend to." Chase smiled "After what he did to those humans, I think I'm going to enjoy this." He said, a smirk crossing his face. Just as Chase was about to leave,  the group heard a loud pounding at the door. A tall slender woman with red hair and blue eyes wearing a brown shirt, with white jeans walked in after Alix quickly opened the door to their shabby abode. "Maria? What are you doing here? Wait-- the more important question is, how did you find us?"Chase asked stunned, fearing for her safety.

"I GPS tracked your phone, pin-pointed your location, and-- here I am. By the way we'll have to make up code-names, and call signs for ourselves. My call sign will be, 'big red', And my code name will be 'sweet amber'." Maria said off handedly.

"Wha---?" Alix asked, confused. "Which part are you asking about the code-names or the GPS tracking thing?" Maria Asked, wondering what he could possibly  be wondering about. "Just the GPS tracking thing. I was turned into a vampire the 1500's. What are you talking about?" Alix masked,still confused. "GPS stands for Global Positioning Service.

I don't normally say this openly but, I forced open the cell phone carrier's server to find out where Chase is. Does that answer your question?" Maria said thinking that she had answered the question. "Yes." Alix answered. "Good." Maria said. "Now, my call sign will 'hound 2', and my code name ,will be 'phantom lord'. What will your's be Kyo 'green attitude'?" Chase asked Kyo sarcastically. "No! My call sign will be 'yakuza1234' and my code name will be 'hound of sorrow'."  Kyo said proudly a grin on his face.  Then Alix said "Ok my call sign will be 'Welshman22', because I'm from Wales, and my code name will be 'assassin of evil'  in a metaphorical way, mind you."

"Ok that's all well and good BUT we need a name for this little resistance cell of ours. Any ideas?" Maria asked.  Silence, dead silence. "Anyone? Ugh! I feel like a teacher in a middle school classroom!" Maria exploded, frustrated. "I had one idea: The Hounds Of Justice. And darling, you don't need to feel like that. We were only thinking." Chase said lovingly. "Now, I have to attend to that old business with Cass." Chase said darkly and abruptly.

"Oh no you don't chase. You have to learn how to control those powers of yours." Alix said, just as Chase was about to walk out of the shack. Chase immediately walked over to Alix angrily and said "And where would I train and what would I train against? If I'm going to train, I would rather train against cass's henchman and Cass himself."

"You would use that kind of power against an old friend that you used to be coven mates with?"  Alix asked, surprised. "Like I said 'he threw down the gauntlet'. I think he was trying show me what he's capable of.  Now it's my turn to show him what I'm capable of." Chase said in a low, dark, growly tone.