IX.

(Published 07/09/2016 thanks to those of you who commented/voted last chapter. Appreciate your support tremendously!)

"I can't lie to your brother, Shadae. I won't." -Shanice

•••••••••

Kyrie walked into his room with a big bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. He sat it down on the night stand next to Shanice before waking her up.

"Good morning." She smiled.

"Morning." He smiled back. "How did you sleep?"

Shanice yawned, sitting up in the bed. "Good, thanks to you."

"Good. Well I made you some breakfast." Kyrie nodded towards the bowl of cereal.

Shanice burst out laughing, exposing her dimples. "Thank you. You shouldn't have." She joked.

"Ain't nothing, ain't nothing." Kyrie joked back. "But look, I have some business to take care of so I can drop you back off at home when you done eating."

"Nah, you go ahead. I'm gonna stay here with Shadae."

"Aite." Kyrie nodded. "Shadae already ate but you know where everything is. I'm getting ready to go make moves and handle this business."

Kyrie and Shanice said their goodbyes as Kyrie left his room. He walked past Shadae's room then doubled back.

Knocking twice, he let himself in. "You straight?" Kyrie asked her.

"I'm fine." Shadae said, not bothering to look at Kyrie.

"I have some business to take care of but Shanice is still here. She is going to chill with you today."

"Ok." Shadae said dryly.

"I know I haven't been spending a lot of time with you lately, Shadae. But I got you. I promise. Aite?"

Shadae looked up at her brother and she couldn't help but to smile. She couldn't stay mad at Kyrie if she wanted to.

"Ok." She smiled.

Kyrie walked over and hugged his sister, kissing her forehead. "I love you lil girl."

"Love you too lil boy."

"Alright, I have to go. If you need something tell Shanice to get some money out of my room and get it for you. Whatever you want. I'll check on you later."

Africa woke up, feeling terrible. Her head was spinning and she felt as if she would pass out at any moment. She felt hot and with each and every breath she took, she felt as if she would vomit.

She grabbed the bottle of water off the nightstand then drank it slowly. Seconds later, she found herself face to face with the toilet; vomiting violently.

"Daddy!?" She called out for Jackson.

She felt weak, like she couldn't stand.

After she rinsed her mouth, she slowly walked to Jackson's room. "Daddy?"

She frowned as she looked at Jackson's bed because it was the exact same way that it was last night; confirming that he had never came home.

Africa was beyond upset and couldn't understand why it was so easy for her father to forgive her mother. She couldn't understand why he still loved her or why he even agreed to meet with her after everything she had done to them.