Chapter 1-Homesick

“Opposites attract”-Proverb quotes

Micah's POV

You know that saying, "You're homesick for a place you've never been"?

That's exactly how I felt. Except, I wasn't homesick for a place, I was homesick for a person. Someone I haven't met yet. And I planned to meet them. But it was easier said than done. Especially when I had no fucking clue where to start.

Maybe I could start on a dating website like all of those other people. Apparently it actually works. But then again, I don't think any woman would be looking for a seventeen year old guy to date. Unless they were a bit on the crazy/weird side. Just thinking about it gave me goose bumps.

I was determined to find her. Only, I didn't even think she existed. Or maybe...Or maybe...

"Or maybe" I muttered.

Someone flicked my nose and my eyes shot open. Dylan smiled at me and I gave him my best scowl. He just laughed.

"Or maybe you just have a funny scowling face" he said between laughs.

"What? I wasn't...." I trailed off and he nodded his head.

The worst thing about thinking for me was that I usually didn't keep my mouth shut. I voiced my mind. Which meant I got into a lot of trouble and I had a big mouth. Reason why I couldn't find a girl that could actually put up with me. It was hard and-

 "Dude, shut up" Dylan groaned and threw his book at me. It hit me square in the face.

 Oh yeah, I needed to work on keeping my mouth shut.

 Raine's POV

 My heart started to pound once I saw the uniforms. The bag of candy felt heavier than bricks in my hand. Aaryn shoved me up against the wall, his breath was hot on my ear. "Don't run until you see them come after me."

 Aaryn started sprinting away from me, the security guards were close one his tail. I turned my head and watched for a bit as he dashed into random isles, making people scream, yell and curse. But if Aaryn wasn't causing trouble, it wasn't him.

 I tried to steady my heartbeat by taking a few breaths as I started walking for the exit of the grocery store. "Deep breaths, Raine. Come on just have to get out the door..." I kept saying quietly to myself. Bystanders glanced my way giving me weird uncertain looks as I past by them. I gulped and gripped the bag full of candy tighter in my hand. My palm felt sweaty. God I hated this.

 "Hey! Stop right there!"

 A Security guard stared at me, holding up a hand. His dark eyes were fixed on me, eyebrows pushed together in an angry face. He ran right past me like I was invisible. I walked faster. I needed to get the fuck out of there.

 The alarms were already blaring so no one heard the alarm go off that signalled that I stole anything (which I did and it was in plain sight). A gush of cool air hit me instantly and I breathed it all in. The black van pulled up in front of me and the side door swung in. Wyatt moved over and I got it. The van was moving again before I could even close the door again.

 "What did you get?" Derek asked me. His eyes were huge and his hands were shaking. It was the thrill of his life. I opened the bag to let all of them see what I had stolen.

 Jaek huffed.

 "Candy?" Derek asked like he didn't understand what I was showing him.

 I nodded my head. "What else would I take?"

 It was a stupid question. I shouldn't have asked it. And what made it worse was that they all knew how stupid I was. Even Brent laughed from the driver's seat. And Brent barely said a word to anyone.