Maxine.

I awoke to the sound of my alarm. I laid there a few more seconds, I heard the footsteps along the landing. "Maxine." A voice echoed around my room. "Maxine." I heard again. The door handle rattled and twisted with ease. "I'm awake." I called. I pulled the navy quilt over my head and turned on my side. "Maxine." Someone shouted from a distance. I sat up and adjusted my eyes towards the light. I leaned over my bedside table and grabbed my Black iPhone. The time read 7:28

Who even invented School? What a pile of shi-

I guess you can tell I'm Maxine? I'm not the typical happy teenager, who gets boyfriends and goes to parties every Saturday. I don't think I've ever really been to a proper party and as for kissing. I'm no expert in that department.

"Max. I'm going out, do you need anything? I'm not going there to have to trail back because you need something for school."

Should I explain? I'm Maxine. I'm seventeen years old and I live with my mum and dad only they're evil and try to corrupt me to think like them. They are very controlling and won't let me do a thing on my own.

I also have a brother and sister. "Rhiannon is a sweet and innocent little girl who can't do any wrong, she likes to play with her dolls and never gets in the way." Never heard so much crap in all my life. Why does everyone think this? In reality she is an annoying little girl who does a lot of things wrong and is always in the way.

Everyone thinks she's perfect because she has massive bright blue eyes, a dark shade of red hair.

Her brothers the complete opposite. He's very energetic and always out with his friends he has hazel eyes and caramel hair.

"Where's mum?," Rhiannon comes through the kitchen scrounging for food.

"Out." I reply with an 'obvious' attitude.

"Well when is she going to be back?" Rhiannon says.

"How am I supposed to know? I screech.

Rhiannon grabbed a chocolate bar from the fridge and hurried on out into the main room.