Prolouge

This is in 3rd person.

5 years before...In the summer holidays.

Both Chris, Zach and Sierra were 13 - turning 14 - and were excited to finally start high school in freshman year.
"Mum are Sierra, Zach and Blake here yet?" Chris shouted from his room upstairs.
"Not yet dear," his mum replied.

Two eager knocks came from the front door. These knocks belonged to 3 young children by the names of Sierra, Zach and Blake. Chris's mum opened the door and let the excited children in.
"Chris is upstairs," Chris's mum said.
"Thank you!" the children chorused.
They ran upstairs really thrilled to see Chris for the first time in the summer holidays.

Sierra jumped onto Chris as soon as she saw him making him fall on the ground while Blake and Zach were laughing. They both recovered from the fall and Chris hugged Zach and Blake. They all sat down in front of Chris's huge tv and connected their controls and started playing some video games. This was pretty much all they did - including Sierra. The boys only kept playing because Sierra always beat them and they wanted to show her that they could win against a girl.

Two hours of boys losing and girls winning later Chris's mum called everyone downstairs to eat. She made peanut butter jelly sandwiches which they all liked - loved - and gave each of them a glass of milk. She treated them like children because let's face it, they act like ones.

***

A few days later...

Chris's came downstairs and entered the kitchen eager to start his breakfast so he could meet Blake, Zach and Sierra at Sierra's house.
"Good morning," his mum joyously greeted oblivious to the fact it wasn't really.
"Mornin," Chris greeted his mum taking his eggs, bread and bacon from her hands.
He and his mum sat down on the kitchen table to eat the breakfast. Just as they were finishing up his mum's phone started ringing.
"Hello" she said into the phone. Her conversation went a little like this.
"What", "Yes I got that", "Erm... I don't know if I can", "Okay fine", "I'll tell him right away but I don't know what he'll say", "Okay thanks bye," she ended the phone call.

Chris looked at his mother's worried face and said to her, "Mum what is it?"
His mum took hold of his hand and took him to the table.
In a whisper she said, "S-s-sier-r-a kind-d of-f-f an-n-n a-a-a-acci-i-i-i-den-t-t-t-t," his mother stammered in worry.
Chris wasn't sure if he heard right so he told his mother to repeat the last bit.
"An accident," she replied slowly afraid of her sons reaction.
"WHAT!" he cried out jumping up from the table. He walked around the table about 10 times before heading out of the door to go to his room when his mother stopped him. She headed to the door while saying, "The Levin family want you to be there when they give the results so we need to be at the hospital now." Reluctantly he followed his mother out the door and awaited the dreadful hour ride to the hospital.

***
One hour later.

Chris rushed to the reception and asked for Sierra's whereabouts. Once he knew he practically ran to her room. When he reached there he was greeted by Blake's parents (if I hadn't mentioned they were cousins - practically siblings), Zach's family and some of her cousins. He looked around and saw his mother out of breath leaning on the wall for support. He started asking questions, "Where is she?", "Is she okay?", "Have you got the results yet?", "Is it serious?".
"We don't know. We haven't got the results yet and they haven't let us see her and her parents have already left us," Blake's parents told him sadly.

All of a sudden a doctor came down the hallway carrying his clipboard. He walked towards them with a very sad face.
"I am so sorry to say but she is currently in a coma and we have no idea when she would wake up. All we know is she is barely breathing and we hooked her up to a machine until she wakes up."
He says that and then walks away only turning around to say, "And you can see her now but be careful and don't touch any of the wires." With that he stalked away leaving them all breathless and scared.

Chris and Zach rushed in her room. There on the bed was a sleeping Sierra. Her straight brown hair was now ruffled and was all over the place and her chocolaty brown eyes were closed. She looked more pale than she had ever looked before. She almost looked... dead. Her body was attached to a big machine that kept beeping. They both sat on a chair beside her. Chris then took her lifeless hand into his and let the tears drop. Zach started praying to god saying she hadn't done anything wrong. She was so nice she once gave her ice cream to a younger homeless girl. Her family gave lots of charity and she attended the church weekly. She was kind to everyone. She would think of everyone as an equal. To say it simply, she was perfect and an angel.

***

A few months later.

Chris and Zach had visited Sierra every day and always prayed to god. He cut off all contacts and most of the time just sat in his room sulking. His grades were falling and he was breaking more and more as each day passed.

One day his mother called him downstairs and said that she received a call from Sierra parents. Chris looked at his mother's face and could tell it was bad news.
"She died," his mother whispered not even trying to sugar coat it because after all he deserved the truth.
He dropped down to his knees and prayed to god begging for this to be a nightmare but it was reality.

***

So how did you guys like this?

Chapters in the future may not be this long so don't expect too much.
Anyway thanks for reading my book. Don't be lazy and give this a vote.

I can't wait to write the next chapter because I've got a story all planned out.
The next chapter will be 4 - 5 years later when he's 18. This probably is just the only 3rd person pov chapter but who knows.

I think I'm rambling but I wanted to do a question every chapter so here's this chapters question. What do you want to happen in this book and should I continue this book? I would love to hear your ideas and maybe use them.

Thanks for reading!! Bye my wattinions

Xx

(See what I did there I mixed wattpad with minions, aren't I just amazing?)