Whoa

Mark’s POV

My soul is ripped from my body in a painful “snap” and then I’m floating.  I keep going up and up, but then an invisible wall stops me.  I try to push up, to the side to get around the barrier, but it’s to no avail.  I know where I am.  I’m stuck in the Limbo Sphere.  It’s a horrible inbetween trap that spirits with unfinished business get stuck in.  I wonder what will happen with me.  I look down and see my mangled body lying on the bed.  My eyes have been burned to nothingness and my entire head is sizzling and smoking.  I push down.  I feel as if I’m going through a waterfall, and then the colors all seem brighter.  The sounds louder.  I scan my apartment.  The only thing here is my corpse.  I walk out to find Juliana.  I feel kind of bad for what I put her through.  I thought I was making love?  I guess not.  I’ve never had a normal relationship.  The war started three years ago when I was eighteen.  My parents all died within the first forty-eight hours of the nuclear stuff.  I don’t miss them.  They all treated me worse than the crap on the bottom of their shoes.  I remember my dad’s life deteriorating.  He came home really drunk one night when I was five or six.  My stepmom was out, I don’t know where, and it was well past my bedtime.  I heard him crashing and banging around the downstairs of the house.  I could hear glass clinking and him bellowing for my mother.  I called to him, telling him she wasn’t home.  Bad move.  He came bounding up the stairs and punched me.  I kept asking why he was hitting me, his little boy.  He kept hitting me.  This happened every Friday.  Fridays were always something every little kid looked forward to, what got them through the school week.  Not for me.  I used to stay for as long as I possibly could on the bus just to avoid the absolute hell that awaited me.  After about two months of this, my stepmom never came back.  I guess my father got sexually frustrated, because he took it out on me.  My little innocent body couldn’t take it, and I almost died.  I wish I had.  He would always tell me that he did it because he loved me and that he was sorry, but he did it all the time, more and more frequently without reason other than wanting to hurt me.  I guess I don’t know what true love is.  I’ve only seen like what, two romance movies?  And who’s to say that that crap’s real?  I find Juliana and Elisabeth and see them walking out of the pyramid.  I follow, wondering where they’re going.  They enter a transport sphere that takes them up to my new home.  Guess it’s time to meet them in my new form. 

********************************************************************************************************

Juliana’s POV

I feel the radiation trying to invade my skin, it’s acrid taste burns my tongue as I breathe it in.  It tickles my eyes, and I can almost see the haze it creates.  Inside I could see everything in a brighter light, the colors more vivid, the lights brighter.  I can nearly hear the thick air molecules trying to invade my body.  Everything inside had a crisper sound, a nice resonance.  Now there’s a thick mask dulling my senses.  I can see why this would effect a vampire army.  I feel a presence behind me, a familiar presence, and when I look back, I only see Elisabeth, but she’s too far to be what I feel.  I must be paranoid.  I take in the scene before me and see the old skyscrapers and the silhouette of the Statue of Liberty.  I know that they’re long gone, but perhaps I developed a new power.

We hop into a transport pod and are zooming off.  As we enter the spirit sphere, it feels as if we’re going through a waterfall.  The sensation passes and the temperature and light drops.  I feel a presence in the transport pod.  It feels like the same one from earlier.  The door of the transfer pod hisses open and releases us.  There is a fine mist swirling about our feet on the ground, but through it you can see the Earth Realm beneath us.  I see the barren wasteland that occupies NYC.  I feel that presence again, and I follow it.  Soon human like figures fill the room.  I see his silhouette.  I double check on Elisabeth and grab her hand.  We head towards Mark.  It seems like he’s waiting on us.