Chapter 1 - Welcome to Despair(Part 3)

A scream broke the air; leaving the nations shocked before they all rushed towards the scream.

The piano room.

Upon entering the room, the nations were rather shocked to find Austria's now lifeless body on the ground. Er... Well, not completely lifeless.

Malta covered Andorra's eyes, shielding her niece from the scene, as America frowned, looking to the one who had screamed; A terrified looking Hungarian.

Germany knelt at his side, noticing something a bit, well, strange, "Hey... He's not dead... But.." He trailed off, hoping one of the others would get it as well,

"...Comatose?" England cut in, "But, the residents of his country-- They'll fall into chaos!!"

"I bet that's what whoever, or whatever, trapped us wanted..." Malta mused lightly with a tiny frown, "To make everyone panic, to make everything chaotic.."

Veneziano had whimpered a bit, "V-Ve, I wonder.. W-Who did this?" He looked around at the countries whom were present, as some still weren't there;

No-one had a chance to answer, "A body has been found! We will have investigation time, and then the trial!!"

"...Dammit..." Romano had muttered,

"We should... start, I guess." England sighed lightly, watching Andorra rush from the room with France and Spain.

Malta nodded, gaze locked on the ground as she walked over, "I for one think we should examine the crime scene first." She grinned at the others, trying to ignore this as she started to examine the body; "...Cause of death; Impaled by spear. Time of Death... Between 11 and 12 A.M..."

-----------

"Welcome to the trial! We will now find out who is guilty of the murder of Roderich Edelstein!"

The nations all watched eachother cautiously from their spots, "...Well.." England began, "I guess we should start with our evidence..."

-D O - O R - D I E - T R I A L-

Malta hesitated a bit, "Right... Well, we know that the murder took place between 11 and 12 A.M."

"T-T-The victim w-was impaled, r-right...?" Andorra asked cautiously as her aunt nodded.

England sighed, "At the scene of the crime we found a ripped note, I think it was used to call the victim to the meeting place."

Nodding, Hungary frowned, "When I was visiting the incinerator room with Andorra; Something was recenly burned there."

England sighed, "The only thing that could burn that quickly, is paper so... perhaps it was a photo?"

"Dude, do you think it was the photo's of the past?" America asked lightly with a frown.

"T-Those scary p-photo's...?" Andorra cut in, hating the mention of them; "Th...That was our incentive?"

Malta nodded a bit, "Iva, it probably was... I just can't believe anyone went through with it."

Romano scowled, "They're idiots for doing so." He stated lightly,

"F-Fratello!"Veneziano frowned a little bit.

"We're not getting anywhere~" France mused, "Maybe we should retrace everything?" He asked.

'That'll take to much time!!" America protested, as Hungary sighed;

"It may uncover new facts so... I think we should go through with it..."

"Alright..." Romano muttered, "So we split up to wait for lunch..."

"Austria was called to the piano room with a note...~" Feliciano mused lightly,

Andorra bit her lip softly, "On..Once he got there- H-He was... H-He was a-attacked..."

"And Impaled by that spear..." England joined in with a frown;

"Then the murderer burned the incentive, along with the part of the note that was torn off..." America continued,

"The murderer then joined in with our group once... Once we found the body... If... I'm correct... The person that came was... " Malta hesitated,

"...B-Big brother A-America..." Andorra finished softly, looking at the ground.

America started to protest but stopped, looking away, "..."

"W-What did he do to you?!" Hungary protested with a frown; as he didn't respond she grew angrier,

Canada bit his lip softly, "A-America? W-Why...?"

"....I was worried." He muttered, grinning, "I mean-- Who wouldn't be?"

"Y-You always say y-you're the hero though!" Canada stated, tearing his gaze away, "...T-That wasn't..."

"I know. It wasn't very heroic." America laughed a bit, rubbing the back of his head, "...I know... But.. I don't want a disaster like that to happen again. You would have done the same." He muttered, looking towards the one who orchestrated this; "You there. I'm ready for your so called 'Punishment'."

"A-America!!" Canada protested, eyes widening, "S-Stop!!"

"Dude, calm down. And wake me when this is over, alright?" He chuckled.

-----

CONGRATULATIONS!

ALFRED F. JONES HAS BEEN FOUND GUILTY OF MURDER.

COMMENCING THE EXECUTION.

"Pin-Up Villian."

The nations were unable to help their now helpless acquaintance as he was tied to a pole. Had it been any other situation, he would have broken free and ran; but he didn't. He closed his eyes as a pole flew at him, impaling his arm as he flinched.

"A-America!!" Canada shouted, rattling the fence desperately, "Please- You can get free!!"

"...Dude... Don't worry." America's eyes opened and he smiled, "Those who hurt others- They get punished." He chuckled weakly as another pole landed in his leg, "That's how it works in our society."

England frowned, "But America---" He started to help Canada until America's voice cut in,

"England, you know it as much as I do..." He sighed, before the smile returned, "It's alright- I'm not... I am not scared." He smiled as the final pole landed in his stomach.