Chapter Three - It is Joe

I’m a good student, a good daughter, a good citizen. I never forget to always pray on time. I’m not – no scratch that – I’m never bothering anyone… What’s my point? Why? Why am I being punished with all these happenings? Seriously, it’s just 9 in the morning, hell this day hadn’t even reached halfway, yet a lot of crazy things had happened. Worst of them all, is the fact that I’m currently stuck with the reason for the roller-coaster ride I’ve had this day – Despicable Jade Wood.

                  You guessed it. I’m currently in the teacher’s faculty, seated on the couch alphabetizing the personal data sheet of over two hundred students. Jade? Oh he’s seated in front of me, playing some stupid game with his beloved PSP. So… unfair. However, martyr as I am, I did nothing but to keep my mouth shut and work on the papers as fast as I can. The sooner I’ll be out from here, the better.

                Great, it’s been one hour and I’m still in the letter D’s. There’s still hundreds to go. Geez… I started alphabetizing mentally, fully aware of Jade cursing in front of me. Very well, I hope he loses his game. Anyway… Darcy, David, Dela Cruz, Delos Reyes, Dewey, Draco, Dwayne, Dy ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­-­­--------

                “Geez, Bettina… you’re really getting yourself worked up with all that piece of sh*t aren’t you” Jade said, out of nowhere “You sure are one model student, I’m gonna cry”

                I rolled my eyes at him. Patience… patience Tina. Just a little more and you’ll be outta here. Just ignore him. You don’t have to stoop down to his level. In my mind, I chanted these thoughts. Just a little more… A little more… A little ------- “Hey!!!!” I shouted in shock. In almost one instant, the papers were out of my hands. I raised my angry eyes towards Jade’s and there he was, thoughtfully looking at the papers I was working on.

                “You’re still in letter D. Geez, you sure have the pace of a turtle…” He said teasingly. Ugh! The nerve. I can’t take this any longer.

                “Well perhaps I would’ve done better if some people out there would learn to prioritize their chores over some stupid Gameboy. And please stop cursing. It’s really… getting under my skin” I retorted angrily. Jade looked at me as though he was shocked with my outburst. Then suddenly, he burst into laughter. Alright, he’s clearly mentally retarded. I need to get away from him as soon as I could. I quickly reached for the papers on his hands, determined on finishing my work. However, Jade quickly raised his hands in the air, putting the papers away from me.

                “What is your problem?” I shouted in dismay “Look, I understand that you don’t want to take part in this chore. I get that. So would you please just quit bothering me and just focus on your stupid game? Seriously, that’s the least you could do”

                “So, I never figured you can say that much. I almost thought you lost your ability to speak for a while there. Why the hell were you ignoring me?” He said, his eyes piercing through mine. Hell, those eyes…

                “Ignoring you?”

                “Yeah, I was praising you for being a good student and all and you just kept on working without as much as a thank you.” Jade said casually. Hah! If I only know. He’s just messing with me.

                “Very well, thank you. Now can you please give me back the papers and let me get on with my work?” I said sarcastically, hoping that it would be enough to mend his stupid – never been ignored- ego. Jade looked intently into my eyes. Geez… stop it, I’m going to melt… he kept on staring and he’s making me so uncomfortable. However, I can never lose my ground so I stared at him in return. His lips quirked up in a naughty smile. Ugh! How could he be this handsome? Then almost instantly, he was seated beside me his face only inches from mine. Woah! What’s happening? Our eyes met, Blue to brown. Then, he looked down at my lips putting my heart at overdrive. I’m sweating a river. It’s almost hard to breath.