Chapter Four : Main Course: The Wood Brothers

Here's the fourth chapter .. Enjoy  :DD

__________________________________________________________________________

Saying I was shocked would absolutely be the biggest understatement of the year. I was taken aback, and somewhat doubtful. Was this really happening? Well it could be just one of my dreams. I had daydreamed this very scenario before. The only difference is that I was a princess, in a castle… and Joe, was a knight in a shining armour his mop of blonde hair carefully concealed in one of those helmets that knights wear. I know, too much fairy tale, nevertheless it’s true. However, I’m currently in my room not a princess but well, dressed up like one or maybe not – if princesses don’t wear their dresses with sneakers – and Joe, er… the man who calls himself Joe was at my doorstep wearing an expensive looking tux and looking so debonair with his unruly curly blonde hair and his smouldering blue eyes watching me intently. Suddenly, I got the feeling that I’ve seen him before, however I was immediately sure that it was just a feeling for if I’d seen him somewhere before, I wouldn’t have forgotten him due to his resemblance with my long lost friend.

                For a moment I was at loss for words while staring straight-ahead at the guy. He seemed to have felt uncomfortable under my scrutiny for he cleared his throat and tried engaging me in a conversation.

                “S-so uhm--- can you still talk?” he asked, hiding the amusement in his voice.

That was my cue.

“I-uh, I’m s-sorry. I’m Tina by the way. Nice to meet you… Joe” I never ever thought I’d be saying this statement once again. For a while, my mind flashed back to that summer afternoon ten years ago. Could this really be my Joe? If he is, does he still remember me?

“No, he’s not Joe” a voice echoed from the hallway. That voice… how could he be---? Before I even finished my thought, Jade Wood emerged from our staircase. Could this day get any weirder?

Jade paced slowly to where we were. Joe looked his way and said…

“Oh, hey bro…” They’re brothers? Jade stopped beside Joe and flashed his oh so arrogant smile in front of me once again. Looking at his lips made me remember what happened this morning. So he still got the nerve to show himself to me after doing that? I held back a shiver, trying my best to forget about that. I glared at Jade and glanced at Joe, who was starting to sense the tension between me and his brother. I looked at them alternately and my jaws literally dropped. They look so much alike. Well not as in –identical- alike, but just by looking at them you could easily tell that they’re related unless you’re blind. How could you not with their blonde hair and oh so dreamy blue eyes.

“Hey man, what’d you mean I’m not Joe?” Joe asked. Yeah that reminded me.

Jade chuckled and looked at me, his blue eyes making the butterflies flutter in my stomach.

“I think Tina here could answer that” he said without – ever – taking his eyes off mine.

“I could?”

“You know each other… Tina?” Joe and I asked simultaneously

Jade looked at his brother. Then, he gave me a knowing smile. Those lips… ugh!

“Damn… you let him call you Tina?” he asked me, irritation clearly showed on his face “and without any hard work at all?” Now what is this guy up to? Why does he care anyway?

 Then somewhere at the back of my head, someone answered… As if you wouldn’t know… I gasped. Oh fu—dgeballs!

“Now what are you two talking about?” Joe asked. He then looked at me sensing that I was feeling uncomfortable “Are you alright, Tina?”