Chapter Five - The Chaffeur

It was three in the afternoon. Joe promised that he would take me swimming today. He told me about the hidden lake he discovered in the middle of the woods, across his aunt’s house. I was really looking forward to this day. While waiting, I grabbed something from my pants’ pocket. It was a guitar keychain, which I found when Uncle Greg brought me to the mall this morning. Joe told me he wanted to be a guitarist. According to him, his mom was a very accomplished musician, and he wants to be just like her. I grinned. Oh I’m sure he’d love this. I can’t wait to give this to him. After a while, I heard someone whistling do-re-mi. I smiled. He’s here. It was our way of saying hello. Joe learned to whistle tunes from his mom. I was so amazed by it that I asked him to teach me how. Since it is the easiest, we started with the first three of the so-fa syllables. Then, he declared that it would be our way of saying hello to each other. I happily complied. I excitedly rose to my feet and prepared myself to whistle back. However, I never expected what I saw as I turned around. There were two Joes… and I am drawn to both of them.

                Another dream… a weird one. I unwillingly rose from my bed and started preparing for school. I was still so sleepy. I hardly got any sleep last night. The reason? The Woods. I really can’t explain this feeling I have towards them. I am drawn to Joe, and I am equally always aware of Jade’s presence. I like Joe, and I’m always annoyed with Jade but, I find myself stealing glances his way. Unconsciously, I tried to sort out their differences. Joe was really sweet while Jade has the tendency of being rude. Joe seemed to be a nice guy, while Jade is a total bad-ass. They were both good looking. Joe, seemed to be a proper gentleman and always looks so debonair. He is that guy who would be an ideal boyfriend, the perfect leading man in a romance novel, while Jade has trouble written all-over him, what with his hot rugged looks, and his bad boy aura. They were like the North and South poles. You would think that they’re not siblings, but of course while putting their mop of blonde hair and dreamy blue eyes aside.

                Ugh! I must stop this. I looked at my clock and instantly jumped from my bed. Shoot! I’m gonna miss the bus. Hurriedly, I took my shower and got dressed for school. Then, I went downstairs and greeted my mom. She offered me breakfast. It was so appealing, but I must refuse. I’m going to be late for school. Really Tina, you must stop thinking about those boys. I told myself. It’s not like you’re gonna be close with them anyway. And look at the hassle it caused you. Yeah right… I grabbed a French toast from the dining table and made my way outside. I heard my mom say something but I didn’t really get what she was trying to say. I have no time for it, I’m really gonna be late. I made my way through the garage and reached our gate in half a second. As I opened the gate, I was greeted by the sight of two Porshe cars and two blue-eyed blondes standing in front of each car. Joe… Jade. What were they doing here?

                “Hi Tina, you’re mom asked me last night to drive you to school today. I’ll be driving you there from now on” Joe smiled at me, suddenly I became conscious of the way I look.

                “I was definitely the one Mrs Masen instructed to fetch Tina here. So dream on Joe” Jade retorted “Come here Tina, let’s get going. We’ll be late in fifteen minutes.”   

                I couldn’t believe this. Jade and Joe are fighting to take me to school. What is happening? Is the world bound to end? Okay, so much for being late. I went inside our house and looked for my mom.     

She was in the kitchen and on the phone, when I got in. It was on loud speaker so I can hear their conversation. I’m really not someone notorious for eavesdropping but, the one on the phone was Aunt Susan and I heard three key names. Joe, Jade, and guess who? Yeah right… Myself.