Lemon Sorbet

"Hey!"

"Hi."

"Morning bee."

"How are you guys? I'm so stressing out about exams, so I decided to have a party so we can have a night of relaxing. Are you up for coming?"

"We should be. When and where?"

"My house, this Friday at eight."

"Cool we'll be there."

"Great! Bye."

"I can speak for myself you know."

"You would have said no. Besides, this is your chance with her."

"I don't even know if she's-"

"Now you can find out."

"Avery. Long time no see."

"I saw you yesterday Imo."

"You get what I mean. I'ts been a while since we chatted due that... Unpleasantness."

"Yeah... We better be going so I'll see you later."

"Okay. Be like that then."

"You were the one that kicked me out of the group."

"You didn't fit in. We're all sorry but it's the true."

"That isn't what you were saying a few months ago when I told you I wanted some space."

"We've had time to think things through and you were kind of a bitch to us."

"How? When I bought you a new bowl so your mum didn't kill you when it got smashed. Or when I messaged your ex to stop pictures spreading? Everyone warned me about you but I have you the benefit of the doubt."

"They were sweet but I didn't ask for them. If everyone warned you then how come I have more friends than you do around here?"

"Because no one knows what a two faced bitch you really are. You've just become too good at acting."

"Fuck you."

"No, fuck you. Oh wait, no one will."

....

"That was intense."

"Sorry. They just caused me a lot of trouble."

"They?"

"The berries. They look cute and sweet but they're actually sour."

"Fair enough."

"Yeah."

"She was so much like this girl I used to know back in the states. Her name was Imogen too. We were only kids mind you, but she told me no one liked me and that they all thought I was ugly. Does wonders for self confidence."

"What a bitch."

"I know. It was years and years ago now so it's okay. Besides it only hurts if you cared what others think."

"Is that why you don't socialise much?"

"No, I just like my own company. I don't spend time with the popular people too much because they try to make you believe that opinions are everything."

"I don't believe that."

"I know. You're more than that. It's why we're friends."