Chapter 3

Darcy's pov

" EVERYBODY MOVE! " I hear an unfamiliar voice yell as I feel myself being lifted up into someone's arms. I have no idea what's going on, I feel so weak, I can barely see anything.

I am set down somewhere and a can hear all the clattering of different tools when I feel a stinging sensation in my left leg.

I wince in pain and use all of my strength to open my eyes.

"She's waking up!" I hear a Bradford accent say. As I open my eyes I am shocked o see I am laying on a gurney on the side of the high way with many people crowded around me. I see so many people, but none of the ones that actually matter. Matthew.

"W-where a-am I?" I stutter, " where's my brother? Where are my parents?" I look across all of their faces searching for an answer, but it all seems that thy are avoiding my question. I look over to a boy standing above me with blond hair softly crying and a boy with curly hair trying to comfort him. They look so familiar, but right now I honestly don't give a shit. I need to know why happened to my family.

"Where are they?" I ask again except this time more demanding, but they don't need to answer because I look over to my right slightly and see my brother and parents being covered with white sheets.

I sit up fast, " no" I whisper.

I run over ignoring all the pain that is shooting through my leg right now.

I bend down so I am face to face with my brothers once full of life face.

"Why?" I choke, " you were the only thing I had in this world, your the one who made me keep on living, you made me smile at moments I thought I never could, and you could make me laugh when it seemed I would never be able to laugh again" I smiled slightly through the tears remembering all the memories that me and him have had together. I wrapped my arms around him and brought his head close to my chest kissing his forehead.

I sat like that for a while when I heard a voice speak.

" we did a search on her, she has no other family, she has a broken leg and he has to have a parent o guardian in order to have it fixed"

What I heard next made me stop breathing for a second, " we would like to adopt her"