Remus & Tonks

"Look at her! Heard she was an metomorph-y! Such a freak!" Carra screamed, a Ravenclaw girl. "Nicely said, Carra!" came James throwing a wink at Carra. Carra almost fainted and started to follow James like a lost puppy. Lily, who was passing by rolled her eyes and came to Tonks' aid. "Leave her alone, you two, she has done nothing to you!" Lily said angrily. 

James' eyes narrowed and called his little crew and there he was, walking in graceful motions with a book under his arm and a backpack slung on his shoulder. "James, stop and let's go we're gonna be late for class," Remus said putting a hand on James' shoulder. 

Again, I thought, this is the fourth time he saved me and it's only been a week of school. "Yeah, this freak isn't worth my time," said James eyeing me. Remus rolled his eyes.

"C'mon, Carra," said James dropping a hand carelessly on her shoulder. "Wanna walked with me?" Remus asked and I looked back just to make sure he was talking to me and I timidly nodded. We walked in an uncomfortable silence behind James and his crew.

"You know, you don't look too bad with pumpkin juice in your hair," said Remus finally, smiling at me. I immediately felt the heat rush into my face. "T-thanks," I managed out, and I hated how I've got a crush on him, it just makes everything weird.

"Hey! Whoa! I am forgetting my manners! Would you like me to carry your bag?"asked Remus after clearing his throat and I felt the subsiding heat come right back. "Um, uh, no need, it's heavy, not that I'm saying that you can't carry it, just...okay," I said when I saw him giving me a look that clearly said just-shut-up-and-give-me-your-bag.

"Thanks," I said, looking down and small smile creeped onto my face.

"You're welcome, Tonks," said Remus and it surprised me that he knew my name and the small smile became a grin and I almost skipped along and I was probably about to if I hadn't tripped over air.