Second Life Change

I just stood there frozen while all the other students were pushing around trying to get inside to their lockers. I couldn't move. I was shocked with all the movement that if I would step forward, I would probably get trampled over by all the students. Then I felt this secure hand on my shoulder that made me turn around. It was Samuel with a wide smile plastered onto his face. I couldn't resist, so I smiled with him. "All good, Leyla? I hope so because this is one heck of a day for you. A new school with new friends... and of course, me." Samuel said tenderly. How can this boy have such an effect on me? Aww and his dimples... SNAP OUT OF IT, LEYLA! YOU'RE FREAKING HIM OUT! He's gonna think that you're some weirdo and he won't like you anymore. "Oh, yeah, I'm good. Just a little nervous ya know?" My inner self breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yeah, tots. I felt like you do right now when it was my first day of school. Should we head inside?"

"Yeah, yeah ok. You head in first and I'll follow."

"Before we go anywhere, can I see your schedule? Just to know where we are heading?" 

"Sure! Yeah, here you go." I tried not to act too weird. 

While he took my schedule and started reading it, I was tranced into studying his face. Samuel had a soft curve line on his chin and with barely any acne. He had a strong figure and had brown eyes. His hair was dark brown and I was falling towards him by accident.  Right before I was about to fall on his chest, a model-looking blondie came up to Samuel and said, "Heyyy, how ya doin', Samuel? Wanna come and feel me?" I was so grossed out when she started moving her hands across her slim body and moved closer to Samuel. She was wearing a mini skirt, a low cut V-neck sweater and high heels in spring. Was she crazy?! My cheeks started to turn red. How could I have thought that Samuel would want me when he had a whole buffet of girls to choose from? Stupid, stupid stupid! 

"No thanks, Melinda. I'm good." Samuel responded. I didn't notice I was holding my breath until I was breathing in deep, long breaths. 

"Your loss, babe! Hope you have fun with legless girl." Melinda said as she gave me the death stare for a few seconds. After, she twitched away into the crowd with her followers trying to keep up with her. 

I was shocked that she had called him babe, so I started to move away from Samuel, ignoring that he still had my schedule. It's fine, I'll just ask for another one. I need to go away. Away. Right before I was to be consumed by the crowd, Samuel took a hold of my arm and pulled me towards him. "Just let me go, Samuel. She's all yours. You don't need me. I'm just legless girl." I said. 

"No! You are way more than legless girl. You are way more than any other girl that I have ever known! Just ignore Melinda, okay? She used to be my girlfriend because I used to be in the popular group and she still hasn't gotten over that she lost me. She's a stuck-up bitch that you shouldn't worry about. Ignore her, please. I haven't known you that long, but I don't want to lose you so fast." Samuel told me, holding both my hands in his. 

I let the tears come to my eyes and flow down my cheeks. "I'm sorry, but it's just that you deserve much better than me."

"No, Leyla. You are one in a billion and I'm asking you if you would like to be my girlfriend."

"Is this a joke?" The tears started coming faster.

"No, Leyla. This is real. What do you say?"

"YES, Sam! Of course." I hugged him on the spot meanwhile being careful with my leg. The hug ended too soon when we broke apart. "And looky here! We have same class first hour." Samuel said. I laughed and when we started walking towards class, he whispered in my ear, "Legless or not, I still love you."