Chapter 10

I sighed as I nestled more into Dean's warmth. We were both lying in his bed, tangled together beneath the sheets. He had already fallen asleep, his strong, beautiful arms wrapped tightly around me, holding me to his wonderful body. I lay there, head on his chest, and thoughts swirled in my head...

My eyes flew open and I sat bolt upright. I was shivering and crying, my heart pounding fast. I looked around, confused. Dean's room? I let out a breath and leaned forward, putting my head in my hands. "Cas?" I looked up and Dean's silhouette in the dark. "Hey what happened," he asked, gently placing a warm hand on my shoulder. I shook my head, trying my best not to cry. I moved, trying to get up out the bed and take a cold shower. "Hey," Dean grabbed my wrist," what happened, what's wrong," he asked again. I sighed, "It was just a nightmare Dean. I don't want to talk about it. I'm gonna take a shower ok?" He nodded and let me go.  I walked in the little bathroom and turned on the water, wanting to wash off the filth of the dream. I let the cold water run down my shoulders, mind full of the awful thoughts in my head. How horribly my father treated me my entire life, after he.. after he caused the car accident that killed my mom and little sister. He had been drunk and hit her car on the way back home  from the bar. It was raining and I had been home with my brothers. He had walked through the door, eyes wide as he trudged up the stairs. Luci had asked him what was wrong and he screamed at him... I quenched my eyes tight. I didn't want to think about that. There was a knock at the door," Hey Cas, you ok?" Dean asked. "Yeah, I'll be out in a few." I listened and waited for his door to shut again before I could relax. But the dream had me thinking... What if my father or brothers came after me? I couldn't let them be anywhere close to Dean or Sam.. I didn't want my father anywhere near them. Ever. My eyes flashed open, water falling off my face as I propped up against the shower wall. I had to protect them. I had to protect Dean. I got out the shower and changed into some jeans, a gray t-shirt and jacket. I crept out the bathroom quietly, and peeked in Dean's room. He was fast asleep, snoring softly. I left and went in my room to pack up my clothes. I pulled on my shoes and walked downstairs. I paused at the table to write notes for Lauren, Dina and Dean, not wanting them to worry. I left Dean's on the table and shouldered my bag to leave. "Cas?" I turned. Sammy stood at the stairs, his hair messy and rubbing his eyes. "Where you goin?" he asked. My heart melted, "I just wanted some fresh air." I told him. He smiled, "Just come back in soon, it's cold outside and being sick sucks." he told me in his childlike manner, before walking back upstairs to his room. Sam's a good kid. I pushed open the door and walked outside.