1. Abused

"ADELINE!!!"

I was awakened instantly by the sound of my door slamming open and a large figure emerging from it.
My eyes widened quickly as I searched for who had burst into my room.

Before my eyes could adjust and see the person's face, a large hand slammed me against the wall, with his bloodshot eyes piercing into mine.

I recognized those eyes.

It was my father. Mark.

"Listen, you little shit. For the rest of your life, you will regret taking her away from me. " I felt goosebumps as his low growl rumbled off my skin.

My nostrils were burned by the alcohol lingering on every word.

"Why did you do it?" he sneered.
No words came to mind.

His grip grew firmer on my neck as he slowly began to lift me off of the torn up yoga mat that I refer to as my bed.

I panicked. I flung my hands up to his chest, attempting to push him off. I kicked aggressively as my legs swung in random directions.

Infuriated by my struggle, Mark tightened his grip and pressed me harder against the wall.

"WHY. DID. YOU. DO IT?!!"

His voice roared, sending a stream of flying spit towards my face.

My eyes were filled with tears as I felt my esophagus closing under his strong grip.

"ANSWER ME!"

His dark deep voice came out like an explosion, echoing violently through the house.

I attempted to speak, but it only resulted in whimpers.

He elevated me higher. I was no longer able to touch the ground with my feet.

My body was giving in. Slowly, I began to become limp and black spots began to scatter my vision. Trying to escape one more time, I dug my nails into his wrist, feeling the warmth of his blood start to trickle between my fingers and down my wrist. My action caused his eyes to widen, leaving him shocked for a moment, then his pupils gradually drifted down to his hands, witnessing his blood and the damage I had just caused. His body was consumed by rage in a matter of seconds, and the whites of his eyes became pitch black. Veins protruding out of his neck, his jaw clenched tight together, gritting his teeth. He tightened his grip, pressing firmly into my neck, lifting me and throwing me across the room. I felt a gush of wind and then a sudden strong pressure slamming against my back. BAM! Wood scattered across the floor, nicking my skin as pieces flew everywhere. Books lay scattered all around me.

It was silent. As I lay there, I gazed at The Wizard Of Oz, wishing I could click my heels three times to disappear into my... I don't have a real home. I just need to be somewhere that's not here, and although my body was weak and ready to surrender, my mind was urging me to run. My eyes searched for Mark and caught him stumbling against the wall trying to catch his balance... with his back turned away from me. Taking the opportunity, I leapt to my feet and shot towards the door. Mark's arm popped of nowhere, close lining me. My chin raised towards the ceiling and the weight of my body leans back, causing gravity to slam me on the floor with a hard thud.

Grabbing a hold of my chin, he snatched it up towards his face.

"WHY!"

"I didn't take her away fr-"

Before I can utter another word, his palm smashes against my cheek.

"DO NOT LIE TO ME, I SAW YOU WITH MY OWN EYES! AS SOON AS YOU CAME OUT, HER HEART STOPPED BEATING. BECAUSE OF YOU BEING BORN, I LOST MY MATE!"

I was in paralysis and had no idea what to do, as my left cheek stung and burned from the slap, my body was in agonizing pain, and my neck was throbbing.

He approached me, his eyes now pitch black and wide.

His voice became dangerously low.

"Your existence is a waste of time. You took my mate and for what? " He shrugged. "You can't even shift? You're not a werewolf, you're a filthy human. " His words were laced with venom.

And with that, he walked out.