6. Rejected...?

We stood there staring into eachothers eyes for an eternity. I would try to look away but it was like an electrical pull didn't let me.

Alkina was jumping up and down with joy howling and barking with such content.

We both were.

I started to take every part of his face in while his eyes just stayed glued on mines.

His tall and athletic figure stood a few inches taller then me. It was like a hill vs. a mountain.
His sharp jaw line gave him a strong masculine look and the way it was slightly tense as if he was in deep thought gave me goosebumps.
His smooth clear skin without one flaw made my fingers twitch urging me to bring my hand up to caress his face.
Those perfectly shaped and plumed lips...oh those lips. How they were calling my name...just for one taste.
His nose perfectly shaped and his light hazel eyes like golden honey with specks of green. I was memorized. His features had me stuck in a a trance, and then again his features were made...for me.

For me to love and cherish.
For me to protect and to stand by.
All for me.

Damn my mate is hot.

It was like the world had stop moving and it was just the two of us. Yes it does sound like a corny chick flic but the emotions swirling around us was all but real.

And then it hit me.

Why isn't he talking? I mean im speechless as well but now im starting to feel a little awkward with this silence.

I looked up at his face, searching for any sign of life. But everything was still. Until I reached his eyes. They were full of confusion but yet love but then it kept flashing with a sign of something I just couldn't tell what it was.

"Are you..." he finally spoke. His voice deep and husky made my heart beat quicken. Before I could let him finish I spoke.

"Im Adeline Harris and im guessing your Adrian Smith the soon to be alpha...and my mate."

Saying the words "mate" made a small smile play at the end of my lips.

My mate...I actually have one...to protect me and care for me. Im finally...free.

A breath of relief left my lips.

Im finally saved.

His face dropped in disappointment. "But your the omega?...how is this possible?" His voice filled with confusion and the way the word "omega" was spoken with such disgust hit me like a pound of bricks.

Alkina whimpered at the way he spoke each word without a care for our feelings.

Anger crept through my body and my blood started to boil. My ears flared up with heat with my eyebrow furred together with straight rage.

"The omega? Why do you say it with such disgust thats not even close to how people should talk to their ma-"

"You can't be my mate." his quick sharp voice cut through my sentence like a butcher knife.

Oh hell no he did not just cut me off.

"Well Mr.soon-to-be-Alpha I am like it or not and next time watch how you throw your words around im pretty sure they show you manners at the Alpha's house"

His jaw tightened and his light hazel eyes went dark.

"How about you watch your tone with me im pretty sure they taught you how to be a proper lady and to respect a man in higher power." Every sexist word shot at me like a rifle.

"Why are you like this huh? Is it because im the omega? Would you treat me different if I wasn't? Is it because im basically your slave? Or are you embarrassed of me? Don't worry everyone is so don't feel too bad of throwing me away like trash. Matter of fact fuck being mates with you I don't need you or anyone. Ill just be "the omega" that I am and mind my own business. Why don't you help yourself from anymore disappointment and reject me. I mean I handled enough pain in my life go ahead and add on to the list."

Tears sprung to my eyes as I shouted to him. I couldn't believe he couldn't accept me and forget about all the ranks and the fact that I was an omega. Why couldn't he just get past that and love me for who I am and actually get to know me instead of treating me as if I was a pair of old gym socks that were left in a locker for years.

"Huh I can see why everyone speak so low of you. Your the omega, rude and you killed your mom...and here I was feeling this excitement and and strong emotions for a girl that I met in the woods that so happen to be my mate until...I realize it was you." Each of his words leaked with venom.

Feeling the poison from his words, nauseousness started to overtake my body.

I fell to my knees and grabbed a hold of my neck gasping for air trying to figure out what was happening to me.

My vision started to go blurry and specks of black started to appear.
I felt an increase in my body temperature and I broke out into a cold sweat.

Panic attack.

"Oh shit " Adrian mumbled under his breath as he quickly approached me.

His hand went to grab my sides sending a gazillion of bolts onto my skin.

"Don't touch me" I whispered trying to control my breathing.

"Adeline please let me help you" his voice was soft and calming which just angered me more.

This guy just threw the "fuck you" card at me and now he's trying to be caring... Is he bipolar?

"No" my voice was hard and stern.

Adrian ignored me and continued to help me.

My teeth gritted together.

"I said NO!"

My hands flew to his chest and pushed him off of me with all of my force making him fly back hitting a nearby tree.

I looked down at my hands in shocked from my sudden amount of strength and then the noise of bone cracking started to ring in my ear.
Pain jolted through my body as my body twisted and turned.

After 5 seconds it was over and my eyes opened down towards the ground and I was met with white paws with silver nails.

"What the..." Adrian voice was filled with horror from the sight of me.

My head shot up to him and a low growl coming from me filled the air.

I slowly started to walk towards him and with every step his eyes grew wider.

Adeline stop your overcoming me with anger. Your going rouge.

"Adeline... Please calm down" he tried to get up on his feet and run but I beat him to it and pranced on top of him showing him my sliver teeth.

He yelled out with pain

Looking down I notice my nails were burning little black holes in his skin.

It was the reaction of the silver that was causing this.

My eyes widened.

What am I doing!

I leaped off of him and shifted back to human form.

"Im sorry! Im so so so sorry I don't know what came over me...I... couldn't control myself." My sentenced was rushed and disbelief ranged through it.

Adrian gathered to his feet, backing away from me.

"What the fuck are you...was that silver nails... You burned me!"

My breath quickened and my mind started to ramble. Not knowing what else to do I did the first thing I could think of.

I ran.