Chapter 2

(Ezra's P.O.V. )

"KANAN! " I yell, as I storm out of the closet. The holocron is gone. "Yes?!!" He yells back. I follow his voice into the main room. "Kanan? Where's the thingy we were talking about yesterday?" I ask. "Hmm? Oh, it's kind of gone now." Kanan says. 

"Kanan??? What do you mean by.. kind of?" I ask. "I broke it and brought it out.. well, it's the other way around. I brought it out and THEN- " Kanan says. "I DON'T care what order you did it in. Just...Why?" I ask. Kanan puts his hand on my shoulder. "To protect you."

I push his hand off of my shoulder. " Kanan, you guys are always protecting me.. this was my one chance to protect you." Kanan frowns. "Ezra, you can't protect anyone using the dark side." "And who told you that, Ashoka?  Kanan, she's dead now if you hadn't realized." I shout.

"HEY, you do not know that she is dead!" Kanan shouts back. "Yes she is! And so are my parents. And if you keep acting like this.. you'll die too!" I yell. "Ezra-" Kanan tries to talk but I cut him off. "And why? Just for them to say they did the right thing? No! Who are they going to brag to now that they're gone?? I won't let anyone else die!" 

"That's not for you or for anyone else to say! Ezra's don't you understand! ?" Kanan says. I can feel tears streaming down my cheeks. "I don't.. I don't understand why everyone has to leave me, why everyone thinks it's just okay to move on, and why no one even tries to change anything."

My knees buckle and I fall to the floor. "Why is everyone pretending to be okay? Why is no one asking for help? W-why-" I get cut off by Kanan's arms wrapping around me. Soon everyone in the crew is also hugging me (A//N except chopper, he's just there doing chopper related things like not caring.).

I'm guessing they came when they heard our yelling. I try to talk but all that comes out is sobs and hics. "It's okay Ezra. We're here." Hera says.

*(*(*(*(*(*(^_^)*)*)*)*)*)*

I woke up in Zeb and my room. Woah. I fell asleep? I don't  remember coming in here. Did I cry... in front of the entire crew? WAIT, did I cry in front of Sabine and Zeb? They must think I'm such a baby.

My head hurts "Ughhh" I moan. "Hey kid? Do you mind keeping it down, It's late." Zeb says. How long did I sleep? "Oh, yeah.. sure." I say. He replies with a muffled "thanks".

I have to apologize to Kanan tomorrow. I didn't even mean half of the things I said. I close my eyes and try to go back to sleep. Yeah, that's not happening. I roll off of my bed and head down the hall to Kanan's room. I knock on the door and wait.

After a few seconds a slouched Kanan appears. "Oh, Ezra? I wasn't expecting you." He says, scratching his neck. I hug Kanan and say "I'm sorry!" He pats my back. "It's alright, I get it." I let go of the hug. "I didn't mean any of it." I say. "No, no. There was some truth in there. " Kanan says. "Huh?" I ask. "Don't worry. Ezra, I'm sorry that you felt that way. " Kanan replies.

"Kanan.. it really isn't your fault. I just... had a lot on my mind lately. " I say. "I see." Kanan says. "Well, I don't want to hold you here too long. Go ahead and sleep. Good night Kanan." "Good night Ezra." As I walk away I can hear Kanan's door closing. I went back to the room and I fall asleep....

☆*.☆*.☆*.☆*.

Sorry for the short chapter. I just wanted to post something to show that I haven't forgotten about this book. The reason it took so long and is so short is because I'm moving. I'm sorry.