04

The man was escorted away by the officers and all you could hear were sighs of relief. Paramedics arrived and walked through and made sure everyone was in good medical condition. They walked around and noticed Leyla, who was trying to hide her gunshot wound. I could finally get a better view and saw that the wound was on her leg. The paramedics brought in a gurney and put Leyla on it, applying pressure to her thigh as they rolled her out of the school. People were staring at her and crying and that is when I noticed more paramedics coming in, but this time they headed to where Lux was. I was afraid she had been shot too, but instead of checking Lux for injuries they checked the boy next her. He looked unfamiliar but he was wearing football gear. They were checking his chest near his shoulder, where most of his football padding was. From what I could see, the bullet hadn't fully enter his chest due to the protection that the football padding gave him. The paramedics didn't have to use the gurney for him, but they still took him in the ambulance to the hospital. Everybody seemed to be a little shaken up about what just happened and started to leave the dance, including me. Noah, Dakota and I all went to my house and all hung out in my room. Our parents trusted all of us since we have known each other for so long, so they didn't mind if we had sleepovers together. We all talked about the dance and ate snacks before Noah moved to the floor. Our parents trusted us, but they still had conditions now that we were older. Dakota and I slept on the bed, while Noah slept on a large bean bag that I had in my room. I had nightmares throughout the night. There would be a large man chasing me down the hallways of the school and when he finally caught up, I would try to fight back and that's when I woke up. I've always had vivid dreams since I was younger and I would knock things over in my sleep. All of my dreams felt so real I would always have to ask my parents if it actually happened. The same dream continued each time I fell asleep. I would try to fight back as the large man got near me and I would instantly wake up. I woke up many times that night and it would be awhile before I fell asleep again. The fifth time I woke up I decided to stay awake, because I knew there wasn't really a good chance I would fall asleep again. I went down stairs to go grab a snack and that's when I saw him sitting on the couch. The man that has been gone for over 6 months was sitting on my couch watching Netflix. I burst into tears as he turned and looked at me. "Hey sis." He said. "Oh my gosh, what are you doing here?!" I said running up to him, giving him a big hug. "I wanted to surprise y'all in the morning when y'all woke up, but you beat me to it." He said. "I missed you so much, mom is going to be so happy when she sees you." I said hugging him tighter. "I know so keep it down, before she wakes up. I want to surprise her and Austin tomorrow." He said going into the kitchen. I may have forgotten to mention earlier that I have another older brother, his name is Micah. He is in the army and has been deployed in Iraq for over six months. He joined right after high school following in the foot steps of our dad who passed away while in war about 3 years ago. We went into the kitchen and talked until morning about his deployment and how we were doing. "Why are you even up at 3 in the morning?" He asked me. "Nightmares again." I answered. I decided not to tell him about the shooting because I knew he would worry. "You should see someone about that, especially since your dreams are so vivid. I know you hit in your sleep, you're going to hurt someone one day." He said sounding a bit concerned. "I'll make an appointment tomorrow...I mean later today." I said chuckling. "Alright well I'm gonna go get some rest, see you later today." He said as he walked up the stairs to his room. I grabbed some applesauce and a spoon and went back to my room and tried to get some sleep.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and make sure to read their chapters too Gentabic twitter_flower lowkeysavy samsbabee Thank you all for reading and stay tuned for future chapters. ❤️