Reliving the Past

"Ashley, it's me." I said over the phone to Ashley, creeping away from the body.

      "What do you mean, it's you?" she asked.

      "It's my body!"

      "Oh. My. God. What's going on! Why is this happening!"

      "I don't know, but we'll find out."

      "What are you going to do, John?"

      "Nothing. Now. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye." I didn't let her reply. I hung up the phone. 

     "How are you doing?" Ashley asked the next morning when I walked into the cafeteria.

     "I had to stare at MY dead body all night long. How do you think I'm doing?" I replied with sarcasm.

    "Yeah, I know, stupid question, but I didn't do anything. Hey, it's gonna be okay. I love you." She took my hand under the table.

    "I love you too. I'm sorry, I'm just stressed out."

    Jessica walked into the room then. "Hey." We said nothing back. "Okay, who peed in your cereal?" She laughed. Ashley and I didn't. "Okay then." She sat down.

     "I-, my, my, my body was in my room last night. Dead." I stuttered out.

     "What!" Jessica yelled.

     "I walked into my room, and a dead body was lying face down on the floor. I turned it over, and it was me! What does it mean, Jessica? When's this going to end!" I replied frightened and furiously.

     "I don't know, John! I didn't think it would get this serious!"

     "Why hasn't anything happened to YOU, Jessica?" Ashley questioned her friend.

    "I don't know! Maybe---," she was cut off by Nosy.

    "Michaels! Parks! No holding hands!" he yelled. "No yelling in this lovely building built for education!"

    "But Dr. Nos- Nowy, you're yelling." I smarted off. All three of us laughed.

    "Michaels, you just earned yourself suspension." Nosy stated viciously.

    "Aww, man." Ashley said. "John, you know what that means?"

    "What does it mean?"

    "You get to miss a few days in this 'lovely building built for education.'" she chuckled out, mocking Dr. Nosy. The whole cafeteria, now watching intently, burst out laughing. Nosy was steaming with anger.

     "That's it!" he said, his face redder than a cherry, "everyone in here has lunch detention for a month!" Everyone groaned and shut up.\

      At lunch, the ghost girl had something to tell us. Everyone who had lunch detention ( a lot of people) was eating by themselves in the cafeteria. I was next to Ashley. Suddenly, the ghost girl was standing behind her.

     "Oh, hi John." she said.

    "What are you doing here?" I whispered in response.

    "My killers' are searching for me, so I ran to hide with you. Have you seen Rick?"

    "Who? What do you mean, killers?"

    "All will be clear soon. But now, you have to---" she trailed off. A dark presence was in the room.

    "Help me!" the girl yelled. She flew across the cafeteria and hit the wall. Her crimson blood stained the white wall.

    "I WARNED YOU!" the shadow yelled.

    The room was spinning. I couldn't breathe. The shadow was choking Ashley and me at the same time. Everything was red.

   "I'LL FINISH YOU LATER!" the silhouette shrieked, then faded.

   "Are you okay, Ashley?" I asked, catching my breath.

   "Yeah, are you?"

   "Not yet. We still have a job to do."

    That night I had a nightmare that told me the whole truth. It was better when I didn't know.