Chapter Four

It's been 3 weeks since the gala, and since I've met Justin. The media now knows of me and Justin, we are constantly followed whenever we hang out. I know it's all part of being friends with Justin and Kendall, it's just a little hard to get used to. Justin, Kendall, and I hang out nonstop. I'm surprised he's not sick of us yet. I still have yet to go on an official date with Justin, we've kept things very friendly and have taken the time to really get to know each other. Today I'm going over to Justin's house to work on my song that I finished writing finally.

   "Hey Char!" Justin says pulling me in for a big hug as I arrive at his house.

"I'm so excited to work on this song!" I say following him inside.

"I'm excited to hear you!"

   We sit on the big couch in the recording room and review the lyrics. He hops up and goes to the sound board. He starts putting together a rhythm.

"Sing the chorus" he says as he replays the beat he made and he motions towards the booth.

I go in and put on the headphones, I wait until he starts the beat then I follow along with the lyrics.

"Find me where the wild things are
We'll be alright, don't mind us, yeah
Find me where the wild things are
We'll be just fine, don't mind us, yeah
Find me where the wild things are"

He plays it back and it sounds kind of odd, not the beat but just the way I sang it didn't fit with the rhythm.

"Can I redo that?" I ask looking at him through the glass. He nods and I repeat the chorus fitting it more to the beat.

   I sang it through a few more times until there was one that I think sounded great.

"That one was my favorite" Justin says into the microphone so I can hear him in the booth. I nod and give a thumbs up in agreement.

We work on it some more and get about half of the song recorded and to where I like it. Learning how to create a beat from scratch is even more fun than I was expecting. It's cool to have something original instead of covering songs I hear on the radio.

I glance at the clock walking out of the booth and plop down on the couch taking a break. It's almost noon. Justin tosses me a water bottle.

"Thanks"

"We can work on it some more later if you're tired." He says

"Sounds good. This is fun though, I really appreciate all your help. I would've never been able to do this without you" I say giving him a small smile.

"You did really great, I'm very impressed. This song is going to be a hit! Everyone will love it" he says enthusiastically.

"Wait, what? How is anyone going to hear it? I thought we were just doing this for fun." I say confused.

"Oh no, I'm putting this up on YouTube when we finish. Having fun is just a bonus. You want to share your talent, so you've got to put it out there."

"I'm nervous"

"Don't worry, everyone will love it! And you! Plus we haven't even finished, we'll take our time and make sure that you're first song is perfect" he says reassuring me.

"Well I guess I'm going to head home and get some lunch, thanks again." I say standing up.

"Wait!" He says standing up and walking with me.