Chapter One

"Come on, Char. Please come just to this one party! I have to go for press and it would be so much more fun if I could have my best friend with me." My best friend Kendall said, begging me to go to another one of her parties.

"If I go to this one, promise me I'll never have to go to another." I say giving her a stern look.

"Promise" she says smiling from ear to ear.

You see, Kendall isn't just an annoying teenage best friend. She happens to be the Kendall Jenner, famous model. I, on the other hand, happen to be her best friend. We've been together for as long as I can remember.

Our mothers were best friends in high school and stayed best friends until my mother passed away when I was five. Kris and my mother did everything together, so the whole Kar-Jen family are close family friends. Ever since my mother's passing and my father's distant relationship with me, Kris practically raised me.

I love Kendall and her whole family, but I don't love the spotlight. Ken is always begging me to go to the parties and galas with her, but it's just not my thing. I don't know what is different this time but I feel like I should go.

"Char! Where are you?" I hear Kendall call for me from her closet.

I walk into her huge wardrobe and stare in awe. It's obviously not my first time in here but each time is breathtaking, seeing all the high-end brands.

"Okay so I have the perfect dress for you to wear!"

"Ken, you know I don't like dressing up."

"Well too bad, it's for only one time. Remember?"

"Fine" I laugh giving in to her idea.

I wait patiently on her bed while she puts together the perfect look for me. She comes back with the short black dress that she wore to the 2015 AMAs and some sliver high heels. I quickly change into the outfit she picked out for me and model it for her.

"You look gorgeous! You'll pick up so many guys tonight" she laughs at me.

"I highly doubt that will happen" I laugh along with her as we walk out of her room and into her bathroom where her glam squad is waiting to style our hair and makeup.

After two hours of sitting and having people make me look presentable, I look in the mirror. I stare and can't believe the power of makeup. My long, caramel colored hair is styled half up. It reminded me of Ariana Grande, but curly. The makeup artist gave me a perfect bronzed look and a nice, neutral smokey eye that really brought out my green eyes.

"Ready to go?" Kendall asks as we finish up our final touches. I nod and follow her outside into a limo.

I've grown used to the celebrity life, I stay behind scenes but still get to live the experience and I like living this way.

I have a feeling my 'behind-the-scene' life is going to be short lived after my appearance with Kendall tonight.

We step out of the limo and I'm immediately blinded by camera flashes.

"You never said anything about walking the carpet, Ken" I whisper to her as we start making our way down the carpet.

She smiles and poses for pictures and I start to follow her actions. She laughs at me, "Get used to it, Charlotte" Kendall says giving me a sly smile.

   We continue to make our way down the carpet, stopping occasionally to pose for a photo. Soon we find our way into the big building and I immediately see many familiar faces. Kendall waves to someone and starts walking towards them, dragging me along with her.