chapter one

Camila had always considered herself a hopeless romantic. All she wanted was someone to sweep her off her feet. That had never happened though. She was seventeen and hadn't even had her first kiss.

"Chancho, c'mon. I'm picking you up for our last year in hell." Dinah, Camila's best friend, said through the phone.

Camila sighed as she pulled on a shirt. "Fine, when will you be here?" She asked.

"Uhm, five minutes. Be ready!" And with that Dinah hung up.

Camila eyes widened and she quickly finished getting ready. She ran downstairs, grabbed a banana, and ran out of her house and to Dinah's car.

"You ready?" Dinah asked with a smile.

Camila rolled her eyes and laughed. "Thank god it's almost over."

----

It was now lunch time and Camila sat with her three best friends, Ally, Dinah and Normani.

"Dude this year has barely started and it already sucks." Camila heard Dinah say.

"What's so bad about it?" She questioned. Her day had been pretty good. She had music, chorus, and art before lunch.

"I didn't take geometry sophomore year so now I'm taking that with a bunch of smartass fifteen year olds." Dinah said with an exaggerated expression.

"That's your own fault." Normani said while rolling her eyes.

"That hurts. Truly." Dinah said with a hand over her heart.

"Ally, how's your day been?" Camila asked over the two dramatic girls.

"It's been good. We have the same classes!" Ally said, happily.

"Mila!" Dinah interrupted Camila and Ally's conversation.

"What, Dinah?" Camila said, with a sigh.

"Damn, dawg, no need for the third degree!" Dinah said jokingly before continuing. "Anyway, I asked if you wanted to get Starbucks after school?"

"Sure, are you guys coming?" Camila addressed the other two girls.

"No, I'm volunteering at the animal shelter after school." Ally said with a smile.

"I have dance class." Normani told Camila while shrugging her shoulders.

"Meet me at my car after school." Dinah told Camila.

"Alrighty."

----

"Dinah, we never go to this Starbucks." Camila said as they got out of the car.

"I know, but Mani said there was a super cute barista and I wanted to see if he's working today." Dinah explained with a shrug.

Camila rolled her eyes. This girl.

They walked in and were greeted by an almost empty shop. Only two people were in there and they were in the back. One girl had  jet black hair and the other had brown hair. Camila wondered if they were dating. They were awfully close.

"Dammit, he's not here. At least she's cute." Dinah said as they got closer to the counter.

Camila looked to where Dinah was talking and noticed a girl with the most beautiful Y/E/C eyes ever.