4

(This is Gerald, obviously lol)

I wake and my shoulders feel so much better than yesterday, sleeping on the floor and stuff.

I roll over and look at my phone and see its 7:30. 30 minutes to get ready? Attemptable, at the very least.

I spring up and eat some cereal before hopping into the shower.

See, my goal was to take a short shower, but I think that's impossible when it comes to me. So I ended taking like 15 minutes. Half of my time, obviously.

I rush through my makeup and slip on a tight-fitting gray dress (dress from last chapters picture) and black heels, not bothering with my hair.

I grab the clutch from yesterday and stuff all my things in it before rushing my way out. When I click on my phone I see its 7:25. Oh, shit.

I really don't think Harry will be pleased that I'm late. Especially on my first official day. And especially because he told me specifically yesterday to be on time.

Oh, joy. An angry boss on my first day. I wonder if Harry is on of those people who are attractive when they're angry.

Wait, what?

My hand waves and flicks in the air, and immediately a cab comes to the curb. I tell him the place I'm headed and once we reach it I pay him and quickly scramble out.

Checking the time as I half run half walk through the doors I see its 7:59. Hey, I'm not late!

I rush past the bitchy blonde but she yells at me.

"Hey! You can't go back there without an appointment!"

I slowly turn to her.

"I work here. I'm in a rush, bye bitch," I say with a fake smile plastered on my face. I watch her expression turn into an offended one and my smile widens in triumph.

Since the elevator stops a couple times to let other people on or off, it takes a while to get to the top. So when I do, it's 8:34.

I burst into Harry's office without knocking and I see him sitting at his desk.

"Oh, sorry if I scared you," I breathe out. I slowly close the door behind me, and inhale slowly, trying to catch my breath without showing it.

"You're late," he says with no emotion.

"Well um, technically I'm not since I entered the building at 7:59, it's just the damn elevator, you know?" I smile cheekily and laugh awkwardly.

I see him smile lightly.

"Come here," he says and with a flick of his long fingers I'm following his every order. I feel like if he asked me in the right way to kill someone, I would. Something about him, I don't know.

"Sit."

I plop down. I'm so ungraceful.

"So. What do you think you should get for being late?"

"What?"

"Punishment. You've been bad. You need a punishment."

"I-" I struggle, lost for words. "I wasn't even late," I pathetically say and mentally face palm after. This conversation sounds like a father scolding a child.

"You are supposed to be in this office at 8:00, not the building, Charlotte."

"Well you never told me that," I say crossing my arms over my chest. I watch his eyes flicker down to my cleavage for a split second before meeting my eyes again. I squint at him.