2

I wake with a start, night terrors getting the best of me. Bright, morning sun spills in through my uncovered window and I groan, squeezing me eyes shut.

Just as I am falling back to sleep my buzzer rings loudly through my apartment and I suck in a gulp of air while sitting up quickly.

I stand and stumble over to my buzzer while rubbing my eyes and press the button.

"What?"

"Package. Big one."

I suddenly remember the bed I ordered. Groaning internally, I press the button again after a moments hesitation.

"Bring it up."

I walk away and bend over to start folding the blankets I slept on and picking up the blankets I used for my fort. I don't care how old or mature you are, sleeping in a fort is always better. Always.

Once I push my last chair back under my dining room table there's a knock on my door. I straighten my shorts and grab my glasses from the counter.

I open the door and see a creepy looking old, bald man standing there with a huge box to his side.

"Thanks. I'll take it," I say deciding to not invite him in.

He rakes his eyes up and down my body and I roll my eyes.

"The box," I demand.

"Right. Here, you have to sign first."

I take his pen and sign my name as quickly as I can, feeling uncomfortable and vulnerable near him.

"Need help?"

"No," I say too quickly and regain my composure quickly, "I mean no, thank you though. Have a nice day."

"Yeah, you too," he says giving me a strange smile before turning and leaving. I furrow my brows and watch until he walks into the elevator before struggling to pull the heavy box into the door.

Once it's finally I drop it with a loud bang and cringe, hoping I didn't break anything or wake the people above and below me.

Picking up my phone off the charger I see its 8:00 in the morning.

"Shit!" I yell, remembering my appointment for seeing Mr. Styles about a job is at 8:30.

I scramble through my bags for clothes and makeup. I have few dresses, and all are like potato sacks. I have a particularly curvy body, with a large butt and large boobs. I wish I was smaller, and less curvy. It's so hard to find things that fit my small waist and big ass and boobs. First world problems.

Settling on a simple long sleeved black dress and red heels, I go into my bathroom to apply simple makeup.

I apply eyebrow powder and face powder in areas I get oily

I apply eyebrow powder and face powder in areas I get oily. As bad at it as I am, I draw a thin winged eyeliner on both eyes surprisingly well. I put on mascara and a little light colored lip gloss and I am finished. Then I pop in my contacts, my eyesight sucking so much sometimes I walk into walls. Not kidding.