Chapter 22

Erica's P.O.V.

"Hey Joshua." I say into the phone tiredly.

"Hi. Are you ok? I know you always use full names when you're serious..."

"Luke got into a car accident, so now he acts different. I've just been up all night thinking about him and what'll happen in the future and stuff." It all just comes out.

He's silent for a moment. "Well, he could grow out of it. And if he doesn't, so what? He's still the same Luke you will always know and love. There's just a little splash of different in there now to add to his uniqueness."

I small smile appears on my exhausted face. Josh says, "I can hear you smiling."

"Yeah, 'cause my lips are chapped."

"I can help you wet them a little if you want..." Now, I can hear him smiling.

"No. I don't want you to see me like this. I gained at least five pounds eating caramel corn and chocolate. I'm in sweats and my hair is a bird's nest."

"Well, I haven't gotten ready yet, so we can look bad together."

"Ok. I'm home alone, so there won't be any distractions."

"I'll be there in five seconds."

"Kk. Bye." We hang up together and I get up. I stretch a little bit before making my way down the stairs in my yellow bunny slippers.

Just as I hit the bottom, there's a knock on the front door. I smile and quickly walk to the door.

I open it and it reveals a very unkept Joshua with messy hair and tired brown eyes.

"Hi."

"Hey." He steps into my house like he owns the place.

"Are you hungry?"

"If you're making something, then yes." He leans against the kitchen counter, yawning. I smile a little to myself. He looks amazing.

"I can make my famous chocolate pancakes with bacon or sausage and eggs." It's not famous.

"Bacon please."

"Of course babe."

"Wait." He pulls me to his chest and dips his head down. His lips touch mine and we share a soft, sweet kiss. Its urgent, but not forceful. My heart rate immediately picks up.

He pulls away after a few seconds. I sigh in content and give him a hug which he returns.

"Kiss me again."

"Gladly." His lips meet mine again and I wrap my arms around his neck. Our bodies become impossibly closer and I moan softly when his tongue comes in contact with mine. They dance together in each others mouths. I think this is the nicest kiss we've ever shared.

I pull away when my lungs start to burn. "I love you." I say softly.

"I love you, too. Do you just wanna go out and eat? It's Sunday. This is our last break of the week. We should go out and do something. Plus, I want people to know that you're mine and only mine."

I roll my eyes and giggle. "Alright, but you have to help me pick out something."

"Don't worry, I give great fashion advice." I roll my eyes and grab his hand and lead him up the steps to my room.

I push him to my closet and open the doors. "Here it is."

He examines my wardrobe quickly before pulling out one of my favorite outfits. Its has a bra top that looks like a sports bra, a skirt with black and white stripes, and a sleeveless jean jacket. "And you can wear it with those high tops, some bracelets, and a bow."