Chapter 40

She didn't answer....

I kept knocking on the door and trying to open it but it was locked.

I began to panick and rushed thru the house to look after a key.

Come on....where are you? I was saying to myself as i was looking thru each possible drawer.

Then i remembered that Layla's room door had a key too.

My hands were shaking and i barely got to unlock the door.
As i opened it,i saw Maryse laying on the bed facing the other way.

I put my hand on her thigh and she turned around.
Her eyes were red and puffy and she looked very pale. Unusual for her because she always had some rosy cheeks.
This is the first time i realized how different she looked.She lost some weight and she didn't have that shine in her eyes.

"Don't even try to tell me that nothing is wrong." I whispered and tears appeared to her eyes again.

I quickly pulled her closer to me and she rested her head on my chest silently sobbing.

"My life is fucked up." She said and i moved her so i can see her face.

"What do you mean?" I asked her confused.

She looked a bit unsure if she should answer or not but she closed her eyes,tears streaming down her face and said. "I am pregnant-" "That's great why would yo-" she signaled me to stop and continued. "It's a high risk pregnancy and nost probably i will suffer a miscarriage at a point."

I stood there in shock looking at her.
This can't be real.Tears started building into my eyes too.She is carrying my son or daughter who could die any moment. I won't ever be able to meet him or her.

*6 months later*

Maryse's POV

I don't know if i went thru a depression or not but now i surly got out of that mood .

At a point Neymar was even more devastated than me but together we got used to the idea.

Here I am 7 months pregnant and perfectly fine.
I used to go to check ups every week and despite that fact that it still is a high risk oregnancy the baby developed normal.

I stayed in bed a lot. Ney's mom and Rafaella were around all the time helping me out with anything i needed.

I could feel my baby moving around a lot and that made me very happy. Everyday i prayed that i could bring it to an end ,that i can hold my baby in my arms.

I was in the laying on the couch alone since everybody was out to do their business or shop.

I layed my hand on my belly and the baby immediately kicked right in the same place.

I smiled to myself and said "You know,after i had Layla,your big sister i never thought that i wikl have another baby anytime soon.But look at me here,3 years later talking to you.
You are a blessing to us and i want you to fight for your life so mommy and daddy can see you.We love you and i promise that life out here will be better.Just hold on." I had a few tears in my eyes as i kept carrasing my belly.

I heared steps behind me and i slowly turned to find Neymar with the biggest smile on his face. He came to sit next to me and put his hands on my belly getting closer. "Stay strong baby,we can't wait to see you." He whispered and kissed it.

We eventually fell asleep like this until a hard pain woke me up.

Oh no...

======

So i updated just because you were pretty tensed after last chapter but i don't think this one helped at all....

Don't hate me lol.

Leave your thoughts 💙❤