Into You

A/N: I LOVE YOU GUYS!! I seriously love all of you guys! For those of you who don't know, this book just hit the Wattpad What's Hot List and is ranked #361 in the Romance category here! Yes! Out of the millions of romance novels that are posted here every day, this book is #361! And this has been possible only because of you guys. Your reads, votes and comments have helped this book make a climb that I never expected. So, A BIG THANK YOU to all of you! Keep showing your love for this story!

And of course, add this to your reading list or click the follow button on the left to get alerts of the updates! Enjoy!

Breathing became hard once again. My breath started to come in short pants as I stared into the pair of emerald green orbs, motionless. Time seemed to be suspended in that moment. It felt like the Earth had stopped spinning and it was just the two of us, standing there, staring at each other in the mirror. Without blinking, without moving, without talking.

"Are you okay?" he asked once again, and his voice caused me to snap out of my reverie.

"You," I said, my voice the ghost of a whisper, gravelly and hoarse and scratchy. I harrumphed once, without breaking eye contact with him. "You...You can't be here," I finally said in a gravelly whisper.

"Sorry, what?" he said in a clarion voice.

I spun around as quickly as I could. Actually, I spun around so fast that it might have given me whiplash. But I didn't care the least at that moment. I faced him, staring straight into his dark green irides. The look he was giving me was so intense and inquisitive and confused. I suddenly felt weak in the knees and had to lean back against the sink for support. My hands gripped the edge of the sink as I took in a deep breath to calm myself down. He was just a hallucination, and it had to stop right now.

"You. Can't. Be. Here," I enunciated each and every word with small pauses in between. My voice was still scratchy, but I was no longer whispering. I had found my lost strength and my voice was strong and firm.

He gave a small laugh. "What? Why? Why can't I be here? Last time I checked, it wasn't against the law," he said, chuckling the whole time. He took a step towards me, but I outstretched my hand to stop him right then and there.

"Don't move. You are dead. You are dead and dead people don't come back from the dead. So, just leave my head and go back to heaven or whatever..." I said firmly, determination ringing in my voice. Derek was dead. My husband, Dr. Derek Shepherd was dead. And dead people didn't pop up out of nowhere one fine day. It was impossible.

"Are you alright? Because you seem a little disoriented. Why would I be dead? I'm standing right in front of you, alive," he said, giving me a nonplussed look.

"No, no you're not," I asserted and before he could respond, I closed the distance of a few feet separating us and pinched him hard on his arm.

"Owww! What the fuck?" he cursed, wincing and giving me an angry look.

"You can feel," I stated, as if I was making a new discovery. "You can..." I trailed off and looking down to my own hand, I pinched my skin as hard as I could. Moaning softly in pain, I looked back up to see Derek still standing there.

"You – You are not going away," I said, gasping and clapping my hands to my mouth. "You are not going away," I repeated, shaking my head.

"Ma'am, are you alright? What are you saying?" he asked me, still rubbing the spot where I had pinched him.