Chapter Nine

Marc:
Some time before dinner Jackson shows up and Kat and him start acting even more suspicious. The new hut guy names Alex is also starting to notice it.

After dinner I decided to go to bed early. I'm half asleep when I start to hear voices coming from outside my door.

"Okay you two have a lot of explaining to do." Says Alex.

"Alex, Kat and I need a few minutes to talk and try and figure stuff out." Jackson sighs. I hear footsteps walk away from the door and suddenly I'm very interested. "Okay go do it."

I listen as Kats light footsteps as they hurry away for a minute. Jackson passes back in forth mumble stuff that I can't quite make out. The I hear a door close and Kat walks out slowly.

She walks right into Jackson and I hear muffled sobs. Whatever is going on it can't be good.

"Shhhh, it's going to be okay." He says to her. I open the door slightly so I can see out at what's happening. Kat sobs into Jacksons shoulder as he rubs her back.

"I'm sorry." Kat says her voice breaking. "Please don't leave." And with those three words everything changes. Flashbacks of our breakup fly through my head. She said those exact words to me many times. And I can't help but feel guilty for not listening to her plea.

"I would never, I'm here for you. I promise I will never leave you." He says his voice strong and stern but his face looks as scared as ever. Alex walks back over and try's  assess what just happened. Kat peals her body away from Jacksons and faces Alex.

"I'm pregnant." Her voice cracks. Suddenly Alex's face goes stone cold, and I can't feel my face either. I try and resist the urge to burst out there and hold Kat and make everything better. I just want to go out there and punch Jackson in the face for hurting her.

Jackson pulls Kat into another hug and mouths some words to Alex who gives him a stern nod. I can't believe what I just heard. I lean against the wall for support but end up just sliding down to the floor. I can't believe it. And that's when it hit me. The Kat that I knew in middle school is gone. Now this Kat stands in her place . I lost all my privileges of protecting her when I chose Jay over Kat.

I go back over to my bed and lay down. I hear the footsteps of everyone walking away. I'm to shocked to fall asleep so I toss and turn. I feel my phone buzz. It's almost one in the morning.

Abby: Hey babe, I can't sleep, I miss you too much.

I ignore the text and toss and turn some more. But something in the back of my head it nagging me. And I can't figure out what. I decide to respond to the message.

Marc: Abby listen, there's something I have to tell u

Abby: what is it babe

Marc: do u remember that girl I would text when we first started dating?

Abby: kinda

Marc: she works at he hit in staying at. Just thought I would let u know

Abby: k babe thanks for letting me know, I love you, goodnight

Marc: love u too, night

Something eases within me, but not enough for me to completely let the situation go. I have to talk to Kat.