eight

ーthe rest of the week had been slower than taehyung expected, even though jungkook came back home once in a while. taehyung was sometimes drowsily awake, hearing the front door softly open and shut. it was normal after midnight when he'd return, but taehyung never had the heart to question why he came back so late, in fear of how the brunette would respond back.

it had only been three days and taehyung felt himself missing jungkook's presence. he only came back when taehyung was asleep and by the time taehyung woke up, the brunette was already out of the house. his presence wasn't completely ignored. it's like jungkook knew taehyung was lonely, making him breakfast in the morning to make up for the days he isn't in the flat.

taehyung realized by the second day of staying home alone that he should probably study too, planning on meeting yoongi to catch up with his studies. he knew he was slightly smarter than jungkook, therefore making it so he only had to meet up with yoongi every few days instead of every day. it was a lot different from jungkook, who went to jimin's house almost every day (although taehyung doubt that they studied half of the time.)

-

"taehyung, how long are you planning on staying here? it's already 7, shouldn't you be at your place by now? isn't your roommate worried?" yoongi bombarded the younger with questions when he found him on his laptop watching youtube.

"jungkook doesn't come back home until past midnight because he's too busy hanging out with someone who is seemingly more important than me." taehyung bitterly answered back, almost slamming yoongi's laptop closed in annoyance.

yoongi only frowned at him, scratching his mint colored hair in bewilderment before letting out a nonchalant yawn. "I guess you can stay. what's up with your roommate? are you jealous because he doesn't talk to you anymore?" yoongi was out of frame but taehyung could hear him from the kitchen. a few minutes had passed when yoongi came back with two bowls of ramen in his hand.

"I know you like ramen so I made some."

taehyung only thanked him quietly, putting the laptop aside before sitting down on the kitchen table. "well? you didn't answer my question." although taehyung didn't want to admit it, yoongi was right. slowly nodding his head, taehyung took a mouthful of his ramen. yoongi seemed somewhat pleased with the answer, laughing before staring at taehyung. "why doesn't he talk to you?" taehyung let out a sigh at this, putting down his chopsticks before meeting yoongi's stare.

"he doesn't really ignore me. he makes breakfast for me in the morning but that's just about it. I never get to see him because he is always at his friend's house who I kinda hate because he's taking jungkook away from me." yoongi only laughed in response and taehyung pouted when he realized how childish he sounded.

"he's coming back after two days though so I can see him again after two days. I try to stay up so I can stay up but I always end up falling asleep."

"is that why you're staying here?" yoongi smiled softly at taehyung who had a soft blush on his cheeks, the raspberry color making it's way to his ears. taehyung softly nodded before apologizing. yoongi only shrugged at the apology. "it get's lonely to be home alone. I understand that because I live alone now. the only thing you have are your thoughts. and they're normally not good."

"you live alone now?" taehyung asked the question carefully, testing whether it was safe to ask or not. seeing how yoongi's smile fell make him regret his words almost immediately. "I- sorry." taehyung rushed again.

"it's okay. you can be honest. I used to live with my boyfriend." taehyung didn't want to push him so kept silent. "I loved him so much. I honestly don't know how i'm functioning knowing that he's gone. I have thought about suicide a few times...but I realized he wouldn't be happy if he knew about the actions. I'm barely managing." taehyung watched the warm tears fall down his cheeks in silence.

there was a tension hung in the air and taehyung broke it with a shuddered breath. "was he nice?" yoongi could only cry more, the now cold ramen forgotton on the kitchen table.

"hoseok. hoseok was his name. you both would've been great friends."

-

it had been a few hours since taehyung left yoongi's house, the mint-haired boy giving taehyung his extra ramen as a gift. it was saddening, really. taehyung wasn't expecting his tutor to be as soft-hearted and broken as originally thought. a feeling of pity is what taehyung felt for him. yoongi went through so much shit that he himself is surprised on how composed of a person he is.

taehyung's thoughts were interrupted when he heard a buzz in his pocket, realizing that someone had been calling him, struggling a bit, he finally took out his phone out of his pocket only to find the caller to be jungkook. widening his eyes, a grin spread across his face and his heartbeat raced as he smiled. immediately pressing the answer button, he put his phone to his ear in excitement, his smile almost immediately falling after.

"a-ah jimin."

taehyung was confused.

his eyes widened in realization when he heard the second voice through the phone, the voice was muffled, almost as if there whispers and taehyung felt himself cancel the call almost immeditely, throwing his phone on the floor.

his breathing was heavy and tears had almost immediately started to flow down his cheeks, the tugging on his hair not helping as he went to the bathroom where all his paint supplies were. his breathing had been uneven and taehyung let out choked sobs as he grabbed a paintbrush and a random canvas, splattering paint in anger. it was his only way to help himself when there was nobody else with you. his grip had been too hard on the paintbrush and he broke through the middle of it, throwing both the paintbrush and the canvas to the side in pure and complete frustration.

what had been on the call was not at all what taehyung hoped for. he had expected jungkook's voice of comfort, asking him how his day was and hoping that he was on his way back right now.

he hadn't expected jungkooks voice through the phone, harsh breaths and the voice of jimin in the background mumbling things he couldn't recognize.

oh, how convenient.

what a long night it'll be.

---

a/n

okay but like I dont ship jikook so don't expect a lot lol,, only doing this for the plot.