Vice's And Virtues [boyxboy]

Zane's POV

BANG! BANG! BANG!

My eyes fluttered awake violently, trying to establish where the banging was coming from. Frantically I searched the olive green walls of my room trying to find some sort of answer. Then the banging dulled into a gentle tapping coming from the other side of my door. Looking at my alarm clock, which read 5:45, I realize it must be my crazy, enigmatic mother. She woke me up at this exact time everyday of the week once school had started. All suspicion was confirmed when she started calling my name sweetly to try and lure me out of my cocoon of blankets.

"Zaney! Wake up!" She cooed

"You aren't missing your first day of school."

"Yeah, yeah." I replied dismissingly

As a method of resistance I buried my face in my pillow. My thought on this strategy was I can can't hear you or see you, you don't exist. A bit childish yes, but hey I'm a teenager. Just then the door flew open and my mother was on the bed ripping away at my warmth.

"Time to get UP."

I let out a deep groan letting her know she had won this battle... but not the war. Left on my bed in nothing but boxers, with teeth chattering I made a dash into my bathroom and took a good look at the mass of tangled hair I called my bed head. My dark brown hair was piled up on top of my head zigging and zagging out in every which direction. Mornings were not my thing.

After stepping out of the shower I walked over to my Black dresser which was about half a foot shorter than I, and I'm about 5'6. I reached into the drawer and pull it out retrieving a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, and an All time low V-neck. Grabbing all of my school necessities from their scattered locations around my room and placing them into my dark red backpack. After zipping my backpack up I went to grab my guitar. Yes I bring my guitar to school, I was in the jazz band at my high school. I was the guitarist if you hadn't already guessed. Another reason why I was up sooooooo early. At my school jazz band was a zero hour which meant I had to be there a whole hour before everyone who was smart enough to not take a zero hour.

With guitar and backpack in hand I made my way downstairs to where my mother dwelled. She was something else. She had a cup of coffee in one hand and in the other she had her Organizer as always. Without ever letting her eyes meet mine she spoke to me.

"Zane, honey I have to work late again so I need you to fend for yourself tonight. I left a twenty on the counter for you to get something for dinner."

"Alright Mom, thanks." I answered with little to no effort.

"Have a good first day. I love you!" She announced finally meeting her emerald eyes to mine. She looked... tired. She had bags around her eyes and wrinkles creeping over her beautiful alabaster skin. She hasn't looked the same since my Father walked out on us 3 years ago leaving us to fend for ourselves. She never had time for anything after that. She let her career domineer her life. Even so I respected her for everything. She dropped everything for me; for us. It isn't easy being a single parent in these times. When I finally snapped out of my thoughts the sound of the front door closing reverberated throughout my small little house.

Hungry, I rummaged around my kitchen until I found a box of frosted flakes. Singing. "They're more than good....THEY'RE GREAT!" the entire way back to the table. After I had sat down I realized my pocket was vibrating. Pulling my phone out I realized it was just as I had suspected. A text from Alec, my best friend.

"Dude zero hour starts in 20 min where the fuck you at.?! o-o"

"Eating cereal, DAMN. I'm on my way." I sent back to him.