Chapter 5 ~The Awful Truth~

Quote : 

-1864- 3rd person view :  

"Don't you miss your brother?" Nicklaus asked Roseitte as they sat in the garden her mother had grown.

Roseitte smiled at him, "Yes, terribly so. He's my best friend. We used to do everything together."

Nicklaus noticed all of the emotions running through her eyes as she spoke of her brother. He wished he could be as close with his family as Rose is with hers. 

He smiled to himself as he observed her. He noticed the way she carried herself with more grace than anyone from this time period. He liked the way her hair naturally curled and cascaded down her back. How her cheeks had a natural blush, and how her eyes held so much life. Nicklaus was hesitant to admit that she is one of the most beautiful humans he had ever seen.

"Are you not worried he might not return home?" He asked curiously. 

She simply laughed, which was music to his ears, " I know he will return home," she smiled at him, "I'm worried about what father will do to him once he refuses to go back."

                                               --------------------------------------------

Ruby's POV : 

-Present Day- : 

"Zach can you please come get me?" I asked as I leaned against the sinks in the bathroom. 

He sighed, "I'm in a meeting right now. But, I can have Damon come-"

"No!" I cut him off, "l'll just stay here."

I hung up, feeling shiver run down my spine at the thought of being alone in a car with Damon. Or being with Damon in general. I actually sleep with a knife in my end table drawer, because he's right next door to me.

I took a deep breath before leaving the bathroom, almost running into someone. I looked up, seeing Stefan with a startled look on his face.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"It's okay. I was going to make sure you were okay," He explained.

"Why do you even care?" I asked suddenly.

He looked taken aback by my question. I mean I would be to, he had been nothing but nice to me. But, is that only because I look like his sister? The one I reminded Damon of?

"I care because you're family, and you remind me of someone," he said after a moment of silence.

"Who, you're sister?" I asked rudely, "You know, that's what Damon had called me before..." I trailed off, wondering if I should actual say what I want to without sounding like I belong in a looney bin.

I looked around, making sure that no one else was around before hissing, "Before he sunk his teeth into my neck."

It was a bit dramatic, but I left him standing there in the hallway. I walked back to class and grabbed my bag from my desk before leaving again. 

I left through a side door, so the woman at the front desk didn't known I was leaving. I do not want to be caught for truancy. Or maybe I do. Who knows? I'm pretty sure I'm losing my mind.

Stefan's face had said it all. It was all I needed to know to prove to myself that I'm not actually crazy. Well, it actually made me feel even more crazy.

I found myself running home. When I got there, I made my way up to Stefan's room. My heart beat wildly in my chest, knowing that this was wrong, but I couldn't stop myself.

I pushed open the door to his room and made my way over to his bookshelf, which held tons of old looking journals. They all went in order from the 1860's up until now. What the hell? Does Stefan collect old journals or something?

A/N Sorry that it's short but I'm still thinking about what to write ! Hope you liked this chapter !