Chapter 3

Diana's POV

"Diana..." He looks sad, this might be why I don't socialize, because I ruin everyone's lives, "why are you crying?" 

I can't tell him. I barely fucking know him and I'm in his car. I can't tell him the hell of a life I live. 

Lie, lie, lie, my mind keeps repeating.

"What if they don't like me? You friends." I sound like a dramatic little girl.

Jeez, Diana.

"That's really what you were crying about? I don't buy it." Dammit. 

"I can't tell you." I glance at the street lights and It's still red. Harry turns his head to look at the lights, too.

"Why can't you tell me? Is it personal?" Yes, very, very personal. 

"Yeah, kinda." I speak sheepishly. Harry nods and doesn't bombard me with questions once more.

The light turns a neon green, and we start driving. Harry clears his throat and starts talking, "I imagine they'll like you. If you're actually worried about that." 

"It's not like people like me anyway." I mumble so only I can hear. I guess he heard though.

"Why don't people like you?" Harry seems astonished.

My own mother doesn't like me, so I wouldn't think anyone else would like me.

I look up at Harry, hoping he senses that I don't want to explain.

Harry looks away from the road to glance at me. "I'll tell you why I stormed out of the meeting about something, if you tell me the subject about why you're so sad." Harry tries to negotiate with me.

What's the harm, right? I don't usually open up, but I don't think I'll talk to him again, so it's not like it will matter.

"You first." I answer shortly. I turn to look at him, in the drivers seat. I study his features. 

He looks pleased that I agreed to tell him something. His jawline is, perfect, to be honest. He has tan skin, with a little bit of blemish. His nose is a little flat, from the side view. Overall, he's ridiculously attractive.

Harry begins talking, "Well we were in a meeting about our new album, Midnight Memories. I can't believe we are on our third album and you have not heard about us. Anyways, our management, decided that if I don't get a stable relationship by my birthday next year, I'm going to be 'suspended' from the band. I stormed out. Because, it's ridiculous. How can you get suspended from your own band?" Harry looks pretty desperate, and he looks as if he's reliving something awful.

I respond, "That is awful.."

He nods his head, "Now tell me why you are sad." 

"You said I would tell you the subject, so my mothe-Jolene." I correct myself from saying 'my mother'.

"Anything else?" Harry questions further.

"She's a phsyco." I answer with a sad,  disturbed, chuckle. I look down at my foot, remembering this afternoons events. I feel tears prick at my eyes, but decide to hold them back.

"Pretty bad, huh?" I feel his eyes look at me, and I nod slowly.

"Well, we are here."  I scurry to get out of the car.

I hate cars. I like the ground and skateboards and bikes better.

I follow Harry inside. Tonight is going to be a long night....