Chapter 4

As I approached my house the nervousness kept growing stronger and stronger until I was sweating from it.

My house wasn't the typical house. I had two floors, 16 rooms, 5 complete bathrooms, 3 half bathrooms and 8 people working on staff. A few years ago, my dad invested in a piece of stock and it really took off. In the last year, he made 2.5 million dollars and actually bought out the company for $2 million. Ever since then, we have constantly been "reinventing" our house, but last week we finally finished our last construction with an in ground pool just a little bigger than the Neptune Pool. When I saw 6 construction vans out front, I was a little puzzled. I walked inside to be unusually greeted happily by my parents. They smiled and told me they had some good news and some bad news.

I sat down on the couch scared and a little excited at the same time.

"Okay. What now?" I asked.

"Okay. The good news first. Honey, I know this pregnancy will be challenging at times but your dad and I are going to be here every step of the way." My mom stated.

I was in absolute shock. I looked at my dad. He looked genuinely happy. Something that didn't happen often. When I looked at my mom, I saw nothing but pure joy, but what came after that was the most shocking thing I have heard come out of my Mom's mouth.

"We are going to knock down the walls of the 2 rooms next to your room including your room to create one giant nursery." My mom explained.

"Wow. I didn't expect you both to be so understanding about this. I love you."

"It was hard at first, but we had to put you in front of all our feelings to give you the best we could. Next Friday, I am bringing in Cameron to help you decorate the nursery."

Cameron was the best decorator ever. When I was younger, she and I used to sit in my room and talk about what my dream house would be.

"Okay. What's the bad news?" I asked.

"Oh. The bad news is the nursery/your room wont be finished until the middle of July so you have to stay in one of the guest rooms until then. Also, if you want to, you can offer Ethan a room to stay in so he can be close during your pregnancy. I know you arent together but he will probably want to help you."

"Thanks Mom. I invited Ethan over at 4 to talk. He wants to talk about what happened and I think we need to."

"No problem sweetie. Just remember to keep the doors open." My mom reminded me.

It was 3:15 so I went upstairs and took a shower. The conversation still baffled me when I stepped out of the shower and threw on a pair of leggings and a baggy sweatshirt.

The doorbell rang and I opened the door and Ethan walked in. I stared at him and all of my feelings came back.
He smiled at me with straight white teeth and had his hair styled so that the top was swooped and the sides were brushed down flat. He wore a tight light purple shirt that complimented his eyes and his skin tone in just the right way. The shirt outlined every muscle on him and he wore dark blue jeans and black work shoes.

"Lets go upstairs and talk." I said.

"That's what you said last time" he said with an mischievous glint in his eye.

I shoved him and said "Oh shut up."

Word count: 620