Chapter XIII

Three weeks have passed since Ivy's mom died, and I have to say they have been the hardest most stressful weeks of my life. Everything was fine and dandy before Ms. Barbara passed. She had moved in with us and we were enjoying life as one big family. We took weekend trips and had family dinner every night, it was blissful. Ivy and I tried to make her stay with us as comfortable and easy as possible, but Ms. Barbara was a stubborn one. She completely refused to sit still, everyday she wanted to do something new. Even when she was clearly not feeling well she insisted on being out of the house and doing something active. I remember Ivy saying once "I can't remember which one of us is the sick one anymore." Those were the good days, which sad to say were in very short supply. I came home late that day and I was so tried I still have yet to figure out how I got home. I walked into the kitchen to see dinner waiting for me on the stove with a note from Ms. Barbara. As I rounded the breakfast bar to get a better look, I saw them. Ivy was siting on the floor holding her mother in her arms hardly making a sound. I was so scared I dropped everything in my hands causing Ivy to look up at as if she just noticed I was there. Her eyes were wide and glassy but there were no tears just the broken look on her face. Everything was pretty much a blur after that. I tried CPR and called the ambulance, but when they got there it was already too late she had been gone for hours. Ivy had found her on her way out the door to work and hadn't been able to move since. When the paramedics came she fought anyone that tried to take her mother away I had to hold her back as they put her mothers body in a bag and wheeled her out of our house. That was a rough night. All Ivy did was cry and rock back and forth with her head in my lap, I wanted to cry too but for Ivy's sake I had to hold it together for both of us. The night after the funeral Ivy spoke for the first time and it wasn't anything I was prepared for. "Take your clothes off" She said with out even looking at me. She just walked toward the bed and took her clothes off without another word. Before I could say anything I saw her go to the bedside table and begin to put her strap on. Thinking that my wife needed some TLC I took my clothes off and walked over to her kissing her shoulder when I got close enough. She didn't even flinch she just grabbed my hand before I could even touch her and pushed me on the bed. There was nothing sexy or loving about her actions and it scared be a bit. I crawled up the bed until I was in the middle then rolled over and beckoned her to me. Her movements were swift like a predator and before I knew it she was on me, then inside me. There was no foreplay, no kisses not one gentle touch between lovers. Just hard deep pumping into me like it was a life or death mission. I reached for her face and she slapped my hand away and pinned it down and before I could try anything with my other hand she grabbed it and pinned that one down too. Her thrusts become harder as did the pain she was inflicting. "Baby slow down we have all night no need to rush it, besides you're hurting me a bit" I said to her and I tried to get my hands free. In one quick movement she slide out of me and backed up. Before I could make another move she grabbed my ankles and pulled me to the edge of the bed and then flipped me over unto my stomach. She spread my legs and entered me again rough and deep. "Ivy baby please stop!!" I screamed out but my cries fell on deaf ears. Slamming her full weight into me I felt the tears start to fall. I tried to pull away to get her out of me and stop the assault she was delivering to my body, but that seemed to only make it worse. She grabbed my arms and bent them behind my back and used them for leverage. Pumping me harder and faster I thought I was going to pass out from the pain. In her haste to get inside me she didn't even check to see if I was wet which made this process that much more painful. I cried and begged Ivy to stop but all she did was push my face into the mattress and fuck me harder. Finally I felt her slowing down she body was tense as she pushed deeper inside me and finally found the release she was looking for. Her body froze and then screamed crying like a newborn she collapsed on my back. Ivy released her hold on my forearms and removed herself from my body. Standing and walking to the bathroom she threw the strap towards the bed while I crumpled to the floor. My legs felt like logs heavy and stiff I could hardly move but I pushed myself up and walked to the bathroom. Ivy came out just as I reached the door and brushed past me as if I didn't even exist. She didn't even bother to put on her clothes she just walked out of the room and left me there. Once in the bathroom I locked the door turned on the water and cried harder than I had at the funeral. I tried to clean myself up but there was so much pain between my legs I had to settle for a quick wipe with a wash cloth. When I felt like I was ready to face whatever mood Ivy was in I walked back out into our bedroom just to realize that Ivy was nowhere to be found. My first thought was to go look for her and I almost did, until the wave of nausea hit me. I heard her game system on downstairs and knew she was okay but I on the other hand could hardly move, so I just found my way to the bed and laid down. Next thing I knew it was morning and I was wrapped in our comforter. I looked to the night stand for the clock to see what time it was and saw a beautiful bouquet of lilies. The minute I stood up I remembered all I had endured the night before and so did my body. Everything ached and walking to the bathroom was almost impossible, but one there I noticed that a bath was already ran for me with towels and candles set out. I wanted to smile and be happy I really did but a part of me recognized this scene all too well. After my bath I put on my robe and went downstairs and again this all felt way too familiar. Ivy was standing in the kitchen with a big breakfast laid out on the table. I sat down and waited for the thousands of apologies that would soon follow. Ivy came over and brought me a plate kissing my cheek and telling me good morning. "I love you Kai, and I do really apologize for how I acted last night. I never wanted to hurt you but I needed some type of release.... I wanted to hit something, to fight but I never wanna lay my hands on you like that again and I thought that was a better solution but then I lost control and for hurting you like that I really do apologize I hope you can forgive me" Ivy said while kneeling by my side. "Well where I understand that you are hurting I want you to know you really hurt me last night and I never wanna have that type of encounter again with my wife in our marital bed. You got me?" I said as I took a sip of tea. She nodded kissed my forehead and went back into the kitchen to fix herself a plate. I know bad days don't last forever but like I said before the good days were in very short supply.