Chapter 4 Puzzles

Over the next three days Bella annualized the note looking for a flaw or a slip up anything to find the culprit but there was nothing not even a finger print, this person knew what they were doing and they did it well. It was now the third day and Greg called Sherlock, "Sherlock, there was another one. Bring Bella." He said. He told Sherlock the address.

"Bella, come on." He said as he grabbed his coat. She jumped up and stuffed the note into her pocket and grabbed her coat. They caught a cab to the crime scene.

"What is it this time?" She asked.

"Two people, a couple. A woman and a man." They pulled up to the house and the climbed out of the cab after paying the cabbie. Bella rushed up to the house and opened the door. She ran in and ducked past officers and pushed past Anderson and to the room where the two bodies lay. Each body was at different sides of the room. The man had a bullet in his chest and the woman had a bullet in her skull. Bella looked around the room and stared at the bodies she then turned to the fridge and found a similar note. She rushed to it and unfolded the piece of paper. She began to read.

Well done, you're catching on great, Bella. Well there are only three puzzles left but here is this one. What happened to this nice couple? Once you figure this out you will get an email to tell you when the next puzzle will start.

-H

She noticed the new letter that signed the message. She took the last note and looked at the letter that signed it, S, she looked at the new one, H. Sh, what could it mean. She stuffed each note into her pocket and searched the rest of the room. She looked at the bodies and noticed that the woman was killed long before the man, "I know what happened here." She said, "The killer killed the woman and waited for the man to get home then he killed him hence the reason they are on different sides of the room." She explained. Her phone went off and she had an email. She opened it immediately.

Good job mini detective. The next puzzle begins in exactly a week. Have fun.

-ER

She took notice of the two letters at the end, "Can I have a piece of paper?" She asked. Greg nodded and pulled out a notepad and tore off a page. She took it and he gave her a pen. She wrote down the four letters that she had. Sher, she looked at her father, "Dad, Come here." She waved him over. She showed him the notes and the email, showing him the different letters that signed each. She showed him the paper she had begun writing the letters on. He was clueless, "The next murder will be in exactly a week." She told Greg, who nodded and Bella and Sherlock made their way back to Baker St. Bella knew that it couldn't have been her father, she could see it in his face that he had no idea who was doing this. She did more research until another week rolled around.

Greg called with another murder. When they reached the crime scene Bella found another note.

So mini detective, you've made it this far, but can you solve this puzzle. How did she die and when did it happen?
When you solve this you will get another email. I think you have figured out that each note and email is signed with a different letter, when you have solved all five puzzles put all of the letters together to find out my identity.

-RI

She added the letters and looked at the body, there was no bullet hole or stab wound and she wasn't hung because she was laying on the floor. There was no blood. She examined the body closer when it came to her, "She was poisoned." She whispered to herself. She looked at the room and saw a thin layer of dust on the mantle and on the sofa, "She died a few days ago, there's to much dust for it to have been today, the whole room stinks of death and rotting flesh." She whispered a little louder.