Chapter 7 John's Wedding

It's been a few weeks and it's now the day of John and Mary's wedding. Sherlock is the best man and Bella is the flower girl. Bella wore a yellow dress with a white jacket that stopped at her belly button. In her hands she carried a white basket with fake yellow flower petals inside. She wore a flower crown on her head, which she thought was a bit much but Mary wanted her to wear it and it was Mary's day so she didn't argue. She was waiting for her cue to walk down the aisle. Her father stood behind her with Janine and John was at then end of the aisle with a smile on his face. The music started and Bella began her short journey down the aisle spreading the petals as she went. Behind her Sherlock and Janine walked with linked arms. The rest of the bride's maids and groom's men walked behind them and then came Mary. When they reached the end of the aisle Bella stood behind Mary and in front of Janine. She looked at her father, who's face was now pale. She grew worried. She kept an eye on him throughout the wedding. When the kiss came she could see her father's expression unchanged but she could tell he wished he was in Mary's place.

After it was over Bella followed everyone outside and she pulled her father aside, "Dad, are you ok?" She asked with worry in her voice. Sherlock only nodded and gave a smile.

"I'm perfectly fine Bella." Was all he said. She didn't believe him though.

That afternoon at the reception she sat next to Greg and watched as her father solved an almost murder in front of everyone. Every now and then she would pass a glance at Molly's boyfriend and note all of the similarities between him and Sherlock.

At the end of the night at the party she listened to her father's violin music ring through the room. She smiled happily as John and Mary danced. Then her father slipped up, "I wish the best for the three of you- two of you," (I don't remember the exact line ok just go with it) Everyone was confused, especially Mary and John. When Sherlock walked off the stage John and Mary approached him, "It's obvious John. Her taste buds have changed, her dress doesn't seem to fit like it did when she got it, her hormones. John she's pregnant." Sherlock explained. The newly weds were in shock.

A little bit later Sherlock left without saying anything. Bella was left with Mycroft and Greg, who took her home afterwards. "H-hi," a boy had approached Bella. His face was bright red.

"Hi," Bella smiled. The boy had dark brown hair and freckles across his cheeks. His eyes were bright green.

"I'm Louis, and who might you be." He asked somewhat confidently. Bella giggled, the boy was kind of cute.

"I'm Bella." She replied. Behind her Mycroft was watching the boy closely, feeling slightly protective of his niece.

"Well Bella would you like to dance?" He asked with a smile as he held out his hand.

"I'd love to." Bella took his hand and he led her to the dance floor. They danced side by side to the upbeat music for a few minutes until a slow some came on. Bella's face grew red and Louis held out his hand for her to take. She took one of his hands in hers and his other found its way to her hip. Her hand was placed on his shoulder and they began to dance as one with the music. Bella's eyes never left Louis'.

From the sidelines Greg was recording the two of them with his phone. He sent the recording to Sherlock.

Bella met a boy
GL

Who is this boy? What's his name?
SH

His name is Louis
GL

Sherlock didn't reply after that. Greg chuckled.

Bella and Louis danced through the whole song. At the end of the song Louis twirled Bella and dipped her. Bella giggled happily, "You're so really good dancer." She said as she looked up at him. He pulled her back up and smiled.

"Thanks." He then lifted her hand and kissed her knuckles. Bella blushed.

"Do you want to get something to eat?" She asked shyly. He nodded.

"I would love to." He smiled. Bella took his hand and led him to where the food was. The two of them goes plates and they each got crackers, cheese, cookies, and brownies. They sat at an empty table and began to get to know eachother, "So where do you go to school?" Louis asked before taking a bite out of a cookie.

"The school up the street from here." She explained.

"So do I. How come I've never seen you before?" He questioned.

"I skipped like three grades."

"You did?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm really smart. But what do you expect I'm the daughter of Sherlock Holmes." Bella giggled at his look of pure shock.

"You're Sherlock Holmes' daughter?!" He exclaimed.

"Yup," She smiled.

"That has to be awesome."

"Eh, sometimes but lately it's been kind of hard to live with him. He's kind of going through a depression." She explained.

"Why?" Louis couldn't help the curiosity.

"Well you know John, the groom?" He nodded, "Well my dad and him were together about two years ago, but then my dad dove off a roof and was gone for two years. John moved on and my dad isn't taking it very well." She explained.

"Bella come on time to go!" Greg called to her. Bella looked up at her soon to be uncle and smiled.

"I have to go but do you have a phone?" Bella asked as she grabbed a pen and a napkin.

"Yeah," Louis replied. Bella wrote her number on the napkin and handed it to him.

"Maybe we can hang out sometime." Bella smiled, "See you later Louis" She took the crackers left on her plate and stuffed them into her pockets. She grabbed her brownie and took a bite before hugging Louis goodbye. She skipped happily back to Mycroft and Greg. She finished her brownie as they walked out the door.

"So who was that boy?" Mycroft asked with a playful grin that only Bella ever saw.

"His name is Louis. He's really nice and he's my age. I think he likes me." Bella grinned happily.

"He sure looked like he liked you," Greg laughed. Mycroft had a stern face and felt slightly protective of Bella.

"Uncle Mycroft why are you frowning?" Bella asked.

"I'm not." He said plainly.

"Yes you are." She frowned and stopped walking, "smile." She told him.

Mycroft flashed a smile at his niece. Bella smiled brightly and continued walking and Greg called a cab.

The ride home was silent except for the sound of Bella's phone going off a few times. She was texting Louis.

When she arrived home Greg and Mycroft stayed in the cab. Bella waved as the cab took off down the road. She walked inside and climbed the stairs of the flat and when she entered the sitting room her father sat on the sofa drinking tea.

"Hi." She chimed with a smile. Her phone made a noise to indicate that she had received a text.

"Hello." Sherlock said as he sipped his tea. Bella checked her phone and smiled, "Who is that?" Sherlock asked his head tilted with interest.

"His name is Louis." Was all she said as she replied to the message, "I met him tonight."

"Oh," Sherlock's voice was full of curiosity, "Is this boy your age?"

"Yes." She said as she began to type again. Louis sent another message and Bella gave a girly giggle and replied. "I'm gonna go to bed good night, Dad." Bella said as she left the room and ran up the stairs to her room and jumped on her bed happily.

That night Bella slept peacefully dreaming about Louis.

A/N Sudden ending yay! I'm so sorry I haven't been updating but I had major writers block and I just had no inspiration but now I do so there will definitely be more chapters in the future so stick around :)

-Vampie out ♡