Chapter 2 Ben

It has been a few weeks since Bella had first figured out why Sherlock was acting weird and now she was still trying to think of a way to help him. She has had a strange urge to see Ben, even after what he did to her and John he was still family and she still cared,  she wanted to know if he had accepted that he was the reason for her mother's death. She didn't know why she wanted to see him or why she wanted to know these things, but she did. She walked down the stairs into the sitting room, where Sherlock was sitting with his hands steepled in front of his face in deep thought.

"Dad." She said, bringing him back to reality.

"Yes?" He said looking over to her without moving his head.

"C-can I see Ben?" She quickly asked, barely understandable.

Sherlock looked confused, "What?"

"C-c-can I go to see Ben?" She asked slower, but almost a whisper.

"Bella.....why would you want to see him? He hurt you."

"I....I know but..." She trailed off, not knowing how to answer.

"I'm going with you, and if he touches a hair on your head, he'll have to deal with me." He said protectively. She sat on the sofa and began to play with her angel wing necklace.

"When can we go?" She asked.

He sighed, "Come on, grab your jacket." He said as he stood up. She ran to grab her jacket and followed him out. Sherlock caught a cab and they both climbed in.

"Where to?" The cabbie asked with a smile.

"City jail." Sherlock said.

"Alright." the cabbie said as he turned back around and they sped off to the city jail.

Bella couldn't seem to sit still, she was either playing with her necklace, biting her nails, or twirling her hair nervously. When they arrived Sherlock paid the cabbie and they climbed out of the vehicle. They walked inside the big building and up to the front desk.

"Hello." The woman at the front desk said cheerfully, out of instinct Bella began deducing her silently, she seemed happy but really she was battling depression, she recently had a bad break up, which Bella could tell by the rings under her eyes from lack of sleep, and she has only just gotten this job, which is the reason for her perkiness, "How may I help you?" She asked, bringing Bella back to reality.

"When are visiting hours?" Sherlock asked.

"In about ten minutes, who would you like to see?" She asked as she looked back at the clock behind her.

"Ben Marie." Bella answered before Sherlock could even open his mouth.

"Okay, are you friends or family?"

"Family, I'm his niece, Bella Marie Holmes." She explained.

"Okay I will tell the guards that he has a visitor." She said with a smile.

"Thank you." Bella said and she followed Sherlock to sit down.

They sat quietly for ten minutes until the woman said they could go back into the visiting room. Sherlock nodded and got up, Bella following. She followed him into the visiting room. Inside was a line of class with short white walls dividing each section. There were small white table like spaces against the glass and hanging on the white walls were black phones. Bella slowly took a seat in one of the chairs ans waited for Ben to arrive.

>>>In Ben's cell<<<

"Ben Marie, you have a visitor." One of the guards said in a low voice.