Chapter 4

"Leave him alone!" When I heard that voice the guy who was holding onto me was then knocked to the floor.

I slid down to the floor against the lockers. I was in pain, I didn't want to move anymore. I just sat there with my eyes closed taking in the pain. I heard fighting from them but I didn't feel like doing anything about it.

"You okay?" Before I knew it someone's hand was caressing my cheek. Why? This is weird... I groaned as an answer and the person scoffed.

"You'll be fine. Get up." I felt them tug at my arm and they pulled me off the floor. I didn't want to stand but I really had no choice. I decided not to argue.

"Let's go.." I managed to get my eyes open and I realized who it was.. him, Cody. Anyone but him..

"You really took a beating there. This is why you don't get yourself alone in that place. Yea it might be good but we have a few of those assholes." Cody smiled shyly as he pulled me along.

"Okay Cory, really, you need to start helping me by walking." I realized I was just letting him drag me along. I sighed and nodded feeling guilty. I started walking with him, he was helping me walk but I started walking more. Every step I took I felt pain shoot through my ribs.

"You're going to be fine." I nodded agreeing to those words. It was still awkward being this close to Cody. What am I saying? It's always awkward with him.

I closed my eyes following along with every step he took. I didn't need my eyes open for this. He was the one pulling me along down the sidewalk.

"We are going to my house, that fine?" I didn't answer for a minute but then I nodded. He sighed relieved.. why? I heard us walk up steps and then we approach a door. He opened the door and we walked in.

I sighed and felt comfortable feeling the cool air suddenly against my skin. I opened my eyes and saw we were in his house. So this is what it looked like. Color everywhere..

"My Mom won't be home until 7." I made my way around the couch and I sat down. I took a deep breath trying not to kind the pain that came along with that.

"Let me see." Cody sat down in front of me and stared into my eyes. His face looked serious. He then looked down to my shirt where the guy punched me repeatedly.

"Yea.. umm-" I was acting really awkward again. He rolled his eyes and then sat closer to me on his stool that was in front of the couch.

I tried stopping him but he was stronger than me. He grabbed onto my shirt and started pulling it up. I didn't want him to see. Fighting was useless though.. I should know this by now, right?

"...You.." He let out a depressing sigh. I knew why.. he must be seeing all the scars. I had scars from cuts and I didn't want him to see. Great...

"This is..." I quickly pushed down my shirt and he looked back up at me. My face was burning red from embarrassment. He was frowning and he leaned back in his chair looking like he was lost in thought.

"Don't worry about it." I snapped staring up at him. He was froze up for a moment before looking like he had it together.

"I don't think you have anything broken.. just some bruises." He got up quickly and he picked the stool up to take with him. He walked away and I was left sitting on the couch.

"So.." Cody quickly walked back out and he sat down next to me on the couch. "What's with the.." He pointed to my chest and I let out a heavy sigh.

I didn't answer and I could still tell he was staring at me waiting for an answer. I was looking away from him nervously.

"It's you ever need to talk, I'm here." He put his hands up to his chest like he was pointing to himself. I shifted my eyes back over to look at him. I glared at him suprising him. I didn't want the help.