1✦

Today was a special day. My long time friend/crush, Wonwoo, and I were going to the amusement park. I knew this wasn't a date, since we weren't in a relationship, but I couldn't help but feel like it was. I was really happy and excited. It was only 10 o'clock, though, and we were meeting at 11.

Even with one hour left, I was so excited that I decided to prepare myself in advance. I started changing clothes from my pajamas to a proper outfit. When I finished putting on my underwears, I checked out the time on my alarm clock.

"Gosh, it's only 10:10," I said again to myself.

I turned back after getting a t-shirt from my closet. A blonde guy with small pointy eyes was standing in front of me, his face all red.

"AAAAHHH!!" I screamed at the sudden appearance of the unfamiliar boy.

"AAHGH!" he was evidently as surprised as I was and started screaming, too.

I slapped the boy across his cheek realizing he was still looking at me. He held his now red cheek in pain. I pushed him out the door of my bedroom and closed it.

"What the hell?!"

I quickly put on a t-shirt and shorts. Was he still there? How did he even get in? And most importantly, who is he??

I went to open the door cautiously. The unknown boy was still standing there. I stared at him, the anger evident in my eyes.

"Who the hell are you?!"

"I'm Hoshi, you?"

"(Y/N), but may I ask WHAT THE HELL YOU WERE DOING IN MY ROOM!!!???" I shouted the end of my sentence. The fact that a complete stranger had seen me in very few clothes made me extremely embarrassed.

"You made me appear," he simply replied.

"What do you mean?" I questioned him.

"I'm a genie. You said 10:10, which is the key word to make me appear. I will now appear everyday by 10:10 and grant you only one wish a day. All that during a year," he explained.

I stared into his eyes to see if "Hoshi" was actually being serious. After a long minute, I still couldn't find any nervous signs to betray his story, but it was totally unbelievable.

"Wtf, man. Go back to your mental institution," I told him while crossing my arms.

"That's mean! Plus, it's true," he complained.

"It's already 10:15. Why are you still here?"

"I'm staying until you tell me your wish of the day."

"Admit it. You're just a pervert right?"

"Noooooooo!"

"How the hell am I supposed to believe you?"

"Well, you could tell me a wish," he suggested.

"What if I want you to disappear?"

"I'll only disappear for today."

"Geez, umm, okay, I get it. I'll tell you my wish. Make me look nice in front of Wonwoo," I asked.

"Who dat? Your boyfriend?"

"Does it matter?!"

"Fine, fine, I'll make you look nice. See you tomorrow." He disappeared, leaving me speechless. Was he a magician?

"As if," I whispered to myself.

With all this crazy stuff, it was already time to leave. I put on the bracelet my best friend Hyemi had given me a year ago, then prepared my bag in a minute, put on my shoes and ran down the stairs.

I later met Wonwoo at the amusement park. He was already standing at the entrance with two tickets in hand.

"Hey!" I greeted my friend as I walked up to him. He smiled as soon as he noticed me.

"Hey... you look nice today," he told me.

His compliment immediately made me think of Hoshi. Did the wish actually work? No, it must have been a coincidence.

"Thanks." I smiled.

The day was great. We rode a lot of roller coasters and had a lot of fun. Then the evening came, and somehow it felt like the day had passed in just a few minutes. Wonwoo walked me home after that.

I layed on my bed, and I thought again about the day. I wanted to think of my crush, but Hoshi kept coming back to my mind.

What if he actually comes back tomorrow? Nah, he's just a creep. My wish occurred though... I shook my head. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

[the next day]

It was currently 9:45 am, and I was chatting with Wonwoo.

wonwoops: there's something I got to tell you.

me: yeah?

wonwoops: Actually, I like someone.

me: ah... who?

wonwoops: Hyemi..

wonwoops: I know she's close to you, so maybe you could help me out a little.

me: ah... sure!

me: I got to go right now though, ttyl.

wonwoops: okay, bye!

[...]

My heart had been broken in an instant after reading his text messages. All these years of hope that maybe, someday, we could end up together... every strand of hope was gone. Yesterday felt like the best day of my life. Today felt like the worst one. Why did he even decide to hang out with me yesterday? In the end, he only saw me as a friend...

I sat against the wall, my face buried in my knees. I cried during a long time. My tears were wetting the floor slowly. I heard a light footstep close to me, but didn't bother looking up.

"Hey, are you alright?" I heard someone say. I lifted my head up to know who it was. It was Hoshi again. I still wasn't familiar with his voice.

"You're here again?" I said between two helpless sobs.

"It's 10:10," he muttered.

"You're so annoying. Why do you always have to appear at the worst time?" I took my sadness out on him unconsciously.

"I'm sorry," he said though it wasn't his fault.

"Why are you crying though?" he asked, seemingly concerned. He lowered himself to my level and tried to replace a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I just learned that the one I like likes my bestfriend... "

"Oh..."

"I found my wish, Hoshi," I said.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Make my tears stop."

There was a moment of silence, until I felt something on my lips. I opened my eyes and saw Hoshi kissing me, but before I could say anything he disappeared.