5✦

The day had passed fastly, but I couldn't help but think about the events on the rooftop. I replayed the scene in my head, every little words we said...

I hated the situation, it was too hard being mad at Hoshi. I shouldn't even have been for such a stupid thing. I didn't want to make it last any longer. It was already the next day, and I was going to talk with him.

When 10:10 came, I was on he rooftop. I felt like the reason for me skipping class was enough important to do it.

Hoshi appeared on time, like usual. He stood in front of me, and silently greeted me. We stayed silent during a moment as I was trying to figure out a way to say what I had in mind.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I over reacted. I hope you're not angry at me," I said as I looked straight in his eyes. His dark eyes were staring back at me as if trying to know if I was sincere. I couldn't be any less sincere.

His lips curled into a smile.

"I'm not mad. I'm also sorry for embarrassing you," he replied. I shook my head and denied that he was at fault. His smile was contagious...

Suddenly an excited fluff ball, Hoshi hugged me happily.

"Hehehheh, you're so nice! Also, tell me you're not only going to class." He pouted cutely. I guess he finds school as boring as me.

[Lunch Time]

After passing the rest of the morning on the rooftop, simply conversing and laughing, we headed to the cafeteria to get some food. Today was actually the first day Hoshi was eating at my school. I had seen him eat at my house before, but I wondered if he actually needed nutrition. They were genies after all, maybe it was different for them.

"Do genies eat?" I questioned him.

"Obviously," he rolled his eyes... if he even can.

"Yah don't laugh at me, I was just making sure!" He laughed.

I met Hyemi and Wonwoo in the cafeteria and sat at their table after getting my food.

We started eating and talking like usual. After a while, I layed down my chopsticks to drink a bit of water. Wonwoo and Hyemi stopped moving for some reason, and I felt like they were staring next to me. I looked at them, confused by their actions.

"What?" I asked. Wonwoo silently raised his hand, pointing next to me.

Hoshi was the one they were pointing at. He was eating my food, and that without permission. I kept my cool to not yell at him. You don't just eat my food and get away with it.  I didn't get why they were staring at him though, he was invisible to them.

"Yeah?" I questioned, still not understanding.

"The chopsticks..." Hyemi stated.

Oh. They could only see the chopsticks. From their point of view the chopsticks must be hanging out in mid air on their own.

"wHat-" they started, but I cut them before they could say anything more. I took the chopsticks from Hoshi's hand and put them down on the table. I quickly glanced around. No one else seemed to have noticed, good.

"Shhh I'll explain everything," I said. We finish our food quickly and went somewhere more quiet. We ended up going outside. Making sure there was no one that could hear us, we started our discussion.

"What was that?!" Hyemi asked, obviously shocked by the ghostly event.

"Well, umm, I know you probably won't believe me, but there was actually someone eating that food... this is a bit complicated, but basically, I have a genie."